Can my hen be a rooster!

Chicken8442

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 5, 2009
Hello, So my chicks are now looking like real chickens being about 13 weeks old. They look like Hens... but I caught one this morning crowing like a rooster. Is this a normal behavior for a hen? or do I have a rooster....
I have two easter eggers. I believe its the light brown one thats crowing... though I could be wrong, They both squabble with eachother... I have two roosters don't I!!
help.

Thanks!!!
big_smile.png

chickens1.jpg

chickens2.jpg

chickens3.jpg

chickens4.jpg

awesome

Last edited:
Yep! 2 roos.
hmm.png
Although hens can crow sometimes, too.
wink.png
I have a crazy RIR hen that crows occasionally.
lol.png

Shelly

Dammit... Both chickens, First time chicken keeper, can't have roosters in my neighborhood AND I GOT TWO ROOSTERS!!!

unbelievable

so... I actually love them cause they are awesome, but I have no choice I have to get rid of them then
sad.png

Does anyone have any idea how I can get rid of them? I would like to find a home for them.

sad.png

Post them on the local Craigslist in your area. Next time you go to get chicks, be sure and get the banded ones. They cost a little more, but you are supposed to have a 90% of getting a female.
wink.png

Sorry about the roos!

Shelly

This is my first time having chickens to and i also only got two and ended up with both roosters too

Last edited:
I got them from agway... they said they were sexed at 90% hens

more like 100% roo.
im kinda ticked

thats life
should I call agway?

You could call them and let them know you got 2 roosters and they'd probably replace them or give you your money back, but, if it were my situation, I'd probably just rehome the roosters. That way I'd have some control over what happens to them as I get attached to my boys.

I wish I lived closer to you cuz I would gladly welcome your roosters. I actually had the opposite happen to me. I am first time chicken owner and I bought 10 week pullets and what I thought was a roo and now I find out I did not get a roo. They are all girls. I really wanted a roo from the same stock.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom