How about some praise of awesomeness on craigslist & other ads?

HHandbasket

The Chickeneer
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
El Dorado County, California
We have had a few threads about some of the idiocy on craigslist and other ad services out there. I thought it would be nice to start a thread where we can discuss some of the really cool things we've found on craigslist.

I was perusing my local CL this evening for chickens and eggs (you know you guys do it, too, don't try to lie), and I actually found an ad of coolness and awesomeness that was at least as noteworthy as some of the idiotic CL ads that we've found.

Here ya go, check this out:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/2180645442.html

I may go check this place out.

Hey, I want to come too!!!

Great looking ad. I wonder if they are BYC members? If not, they should be!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Maybe you should contact the poster and introduce yourself, Rob. Like you said, if she's not one of us, she should be.

I used to live out in Rio Linda years ago and would LOVE to live out there again.

Hahaha... one step ahead of ya! I emailed her right after I posted my reply above:

Howdy! I'm the owner of BYC and saw a post about your ad. Thought you'd like to see it:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5555920#p5555920

Cheers!

Within about an hour I got this:

So nice of you, I am looking forward to checking out BYC. Thank You again. Give me a call. If you would like to see my set up. Id love to have you.

thumbsup.gif

We are going to contact her and see if we can get our grandson (he's 2-1/2) sometime in the next week or two and take him out there. He really loves our little flock, so I know he would love visiting a hobby farm.

The set-up of her place as she describes it sounds very much like what Farmer Lew and I dream about having in terms of a hobby farm. I can't wait to see it and get inspired with ideas! And the Rio Linda/Elverta area is totally awesome. I bet she buys her feed at the Elverta Feed Store, run by Debbie Hogan and her family. I buy a lot out there, and Debbie was kind enough to dispatch some sick chickens for us once when neither of us could bring ourselves to do the necessary deed.

I always wanted to hav ea farm and do that. That is a real nice thing for them to do. If I invited people to come see my chickens, my chickens would probably try to eat them
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom