How about some praise of awesomeness on craigslist & other ads?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by HHandbasket, Jan 26, 2011.

1. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

We have had a few threads about some of the idiocy on craigslist and other ad services out there. I thought it would be nice to start a thread where we can discuss some of the really cool things we've found on craigslist.

I was perusing my local CL this evening for chickens and eggs (you know you guys do it, too, don't try to lie), and I actually found an ad of coolness and awesomeness that was at least as noteworthy as some of the idiotic CL ads that we've found.

Here ya go, check this out:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/grd/2180645442.html

I may go check this place out.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hey, I want to come too!!!

Great looking ad. I wonder if they are BYC members? If not, they should be! [​IMG]

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Oh I've seen that!

I'll have to help you after my eyes start working again.

Been up too long I think

4. HHandbasket

Quote:Maybe you should contact the poster and introduce yourself, Rob. Like you said, if she's not one of us, she should be.

I used to live out in Rio Linda years ago and would LOVE to live out there again.

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Hahaha... one step ahead of ya! I emailed her right after I posted my reply above:

Howdy! I'm the owner of BYC and saw a post about your ad. Thought you'd like to see it:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5555920#p5555920

Cheers!

Within about an hour I got this:

So nice of you, I am looking forward to checking out BYC. Thank You again. Give me a call. If you would like to see my set up. Id love to have you.

[​IMG]

6. HHandbasket

We are going to contact her and see if we can get our grandson (he's 2-1/2) sometime in the next week or two and take him out there. He really loves our little flock, so I know he would love visiting a hobby farm.

The set-up of her place as she describes it sounds very much like what Farmer Lew and I dream about having in terms of a hobby farm. I can't wait to see it and get inspired with ideas! And the Rio Linda/Elverta area is totally awesome. I bet she buys her feed at the Elverta Feed Store, run by Debbie Hogan and her family. I buy a lot out there, and Debbie was kind enough to dispatch some sick chickens for us once when neither of us could bring ourselves to do the necessary deed.

7. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    I always wanted to hav ea farm and do that. That is a real nice thing for them to do. If I invited people to come see my chickens, my chickens would probably try to eat them [​IMG]

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cool! I hope she joins the site!

9. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    That's a nice ad! Cute kiddos too [​IMG] I hope she joins us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by