Post your FIRST EGG pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot.gif

Our first egg!!! Kind of on the small size, (compare to the store-bought "large") but what the heck, that was expected. My DW heard one of the Barred Rocks really making a fuss yesterday, went out there, and said, "Just lay the durn egg already!" Must have worked! Daughter #2 found this out there this afternoon. We're not sure when it was layed, but no one noticed it this morning during the feeding/watering.

Let's see...we got the chicks on March 29th, and TSC told us they were two days old at the time. So, 18 weeks, 3 days for the first egg. About average?

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Congrats, I would say fairly early for a Barred Rock - in my inexperienced opinion ;-)

Quote:
Congrats, I would say fairly early for a Barred Rock - in my inexperienced opinion ;-)

Hmmm? A little early? Interesting.

These are my first chickens -- I was a rabbit raiser when I was a kid -- but my wife had chickens when she was growing up. Being a former chicken raiser, and being very maternal, she seemed to know what that BR was clucking about! She also seems to think some of the other hens are about ready to lay. I'm not going to argue with her! I'm just going to ask how she would like her eggs!

Quote:

Hmmm? A little early? Interesting.

These are my first chickens -- I was a rabbit raiser when I was a kid -- but my wife had chickens when she was growing up. Being a former chicken raiser, and being very maternal, she seemed to know what that BR was clucking about! She also seems to think some of the other hens are about ready to lay. I'm not going to argue with her! I'm just going to ask how she would like her eggs!

LOL Agreed, very cute little egg looks alot like my first 1 yesterday, got another same size today. Cobgrats
woot.gif

87222_hps_firsteggyweg.jpg

Compliments of Henny Penny our little barred rock hen who is 20 weeks old..thanks for the eggy wegg Hens!
the other white eggs are store bought of course!

Thanks now we know its true you are the second Auraucana breeder to confirm this... oh well she is a really pretty bird
D.gif
...I like your Horatio..he's like the Fabio of Roos
love.gif
with the long plummage... I think Hermione might be an olive egger just a hunch though..she is supposed to lay blue we will see!!
thanks for the professional opinion!

MW chickens

Last edited:
88904_first_egg.jpg

We were so surprised to get an egg. It came about a month before everything we read said it would. Gals are in full production mode now.

I got my first brown egg this morning. Can't take a picture. Hubby has my camera. But it's just like the one I posted that was my first egg except that egg is light green. So now I have three ladies laying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom