My Zoning Is Being Changed! (Riverview, Florida)

BrattishTaz

Roo Magnet
9 Years
Jan 8, 2011
Tampa Area, Florida
We just received the news that our zoning is being changed. It will only affect a small area in Hillsborough County. We are currently zoned residential/ agriculture. The change should take place after the final vote (it will pass) in Dec.

I was not aware of the problem initially but learned that the HOA presidents and residents of the newer subdivisions have complained about the noise and "appearance" of the non-subdivision properties. The old properties are not regulated by these HOAs. The long established residents struck back.

As of December 12th, many of our properties will have the classifcation of "entertainment" added to our land. Basically that now means that we can tell anyone who complains about our roosters or anything else that they can stuff it.
smile.png

I can legally keep my 7 roosters and add a rollercoaster and an elephant if I choose to do so.
gig.gif
I don't think we will being hearing much out of the "newbies" in the pretty little subdivisions anymore.

Moral of the story- Don't move into an established area and try to change the rules. It will come back to bite you.
big_smile.png

woot.gif

I can't remember what its like to live somewhere with "rules". I do exactly what I want to do on this farm. If anyone doesn't like it, oh well.
cool.png

Can I ride on the roller coaster and feed the elephant?
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

Sourland has a real problem with newcomers interfering with the status quo.
rant.gif

Back
Top Bottom