➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

:lau
Yeah, right. It was -2°F here last night and it is already 13°F right now after a high of 25°F today. I was out plucking a turkey when it was 24°F and thought it was really pleasant because the sun was shining and no wind was blowing.
I can do alot of things outside as long as the sun is out and there's zero wind.

I put extra hay in all the nest boxes and pen coops. These temperatures are going to be brutal....like 19* tonight again.
I was going to put extra hay in their boxes too, but there were fluffy butts in most of the boxes!!! A few boxes got extra, plus my Bobs, they love the hay!

:lau
Yeah, right. It was -2°F here last night and it is already 13°F right now after a high of 25°F today. I was out plucking a turkey when it was 24°F and thought it was really pleasant because the sun was shining and no wind was blowing.
Yes, that is burrrrrrish cold. The sun was shining today and even with a high of just 25, the sun still thawed the surface of the ground with no breeze. But by 5 pm, the winds picked up and the ground quickly refroze.
My outside enclosed pens have comfortable coops but some of the birds choose to roost on the roof...even when temps drop low by our standards. Even had some stay on the roof during the snow. They are healthy and acclimated to the weather.

Yes, that is burrrrrrish cold. The sun was shining today and even with a high of just 25, the sun still thawed the surface of the ground with no breeze. But by 5 pm, the winds picked up and the ground quickly refroze.
My outside enclosed pens have comfortable coops but some of the birds choose to roost on the roof...even when temps drop low by our standards. Even had some stay on the roof during the snow. They are healthy and acclimated to the weather.
My turkeys have outside roosts and can be found there every night no matter what the weather is.

Back
Top Bottom