† Quail Breeders Club †

I wanna join please. Ive got cots. Lots and lots of cots. Have the wild, Italian, tux, english whites & a color im still not sure what it is. Havnr been able to find any others like them. Hopefully soon ill be able to post pics of them so everyone can see and help me identify.

Haha ok!
smile.png

Hi. I am located in Wisconsin as well. I breed buttons. I would love to join your club. May I please?

Hi. I am located in Wisconsin as well. I breed buttons. I would love to join your club. May I please?
This thread is ancient and I can tell you that most of these folks have not visited BYC in a VERY long time. But you are ALWAYS welcome to enjoy the quail forums themselves. :)

It is up to you if you want to separate colors. I think the golden are the only color with a lethal gene. I just hatched out a boatload of baby quail, so cute! I plan to try and select for size. I am not too worried about color, I just like variety. You will need to sex them once they get older and weed out excess males. Hatch on!:) Deb

It is true the lethal gene is present in goldens but manifests when you pair two goldens, but it is also dominant so if you breed with a brown you would still end up with the majority golden and you would not have the reduced hatch rate as breeding two goldens.

PS the leathal gene does not make the eggs sterile just reduces your hatch rate to about 25%
also it largely depends on "how much" golden gene they have. Golden is actually a natural mutation of the common brown.

How do I join? If you guys would let me;)
I am a novice breeder been raising quail for two years now, I want to learn as much as I can.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom