Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
From the time we brought the BYC site back from the abyss a few months ago I've had a lot of fun meeting a ton of new friends (yes, I'm talking about YOU!)

The problem is, I have a hard time keeping track of all 1,632... no wait... 1,633... oh... now it is 1,634 of you!

I've seen the community posts where everyone gets really excited about learning more about everyone else, but it is hard to keep track of all the gazillions of posts and where someone said what about themselves.

For this reason I've been secretly working on the "BackYardChickens.com Personal Pages Project" This is the very first ALPHA (the one before Beta) release!

This will give you the ability to use a WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor to create personal pages to share with the world. If you can use Microsoft Word... you should be able to use this!

No need to login, we use your forum logged in status.

You'll see a new link (if you are logged in) in the main menu that says "My Page". Click this and you'll load up the editor automatically.

Here is a demo of how it works:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/cmstour.htm

Here is my own Personal Page:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2

Please play with it and then come back to this thread / topic with:

1) A link to your page (copy the URL from your browser address bar)
2) Your thoughts and feedback.

Hopefully this will help us all get to know each other a little better and keep up with who's who!

Uh - when I click the my page link, I get a blank white page, and when I come back to the forum, it logs me out.
hmm.png

Is it just me?

Remember... this is an ALPHA test.... way before BETA and way before full "stable release"!

Just trying to get a feel for if people think this would be a good thing to build out more, or put it back in its cage and never let it out again.
duc.gif

For those of you having problems, you're the ALPHA testers we need to hear from. Please post:

1) Exactly what happened, when and during what steps.
2) What operating system you're using, and what browser / version you are using.

If you don't know the answers to those questions proceed at your own risk... you may get logged off the forum... just wait until Beta release or the full "stable" version.

Pictures: in this version you can post pictures but only if they are hosted somewhere like photobucket. If we move forward with this then I may add the ability to upload pictures to this site.

Thank all!

Tried it out and all goes well until I hit the Publish button. It takes me back to the blog but nothing I typed is entered on it.

Using a Mac OSX with the safari browser.

I use Windows XP, with IE version 6. What happens is, when I click the My Page link, it takes me to a blank white page, and whenever I try to go back to the forums, it tells me I need to log back in.

I think it's a really neat idea.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom