••• NEW BYC CHAT! Please check it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silkiechicken said something about the chat charging by the hour. Does that mean chat will only be available certain times?

dlhunicorn is mistaken, but I can see how someone could be confused if they aren't experienced in website hosting:

Version 2 of X7 chat is free but you have to download it, install it, and use server resources (which is why the site slowed down when a lot of people were on the old chat).

X7 3 lite edition is not hosted on my server and is not free. I have paid using a monthly subscription.

Quote:
...the software is free...not the (internet)hosting

ETA: ... found it...
http://hostx7.com/index.php
Our yahoogroup is desperately looking for a remotely hosted chat ... this is pretty cheap I will pass it on (however I cant say much after the fiasco of last nite... perhaps the "professional" version isn't so buggy?)...still $3.00 for 300 hours is pretty cheap
For those interested:
(from the website):
Compare Packages
Cost Per Month (USD):
Standard Advanced Professional
$3.00..................$6.00.................$10.00
User-Hours Per Month
Instead of having arbritary maximum concurrent user limits, X7 Chat LE implements a flexible user-hours system.

...so I guess it didn't crash or freeze, but the scheduled alloted time was simply up last night?

Last edited:
Well, all I can add is that I can't think of cheaper entertainment, for me anyway, as I laughed my butt off!! That was the funniest thing I have been involved in in a while, my husband came in the dining room to check on me and I was laughing so hard and trying to read and type so fast that I could hardly tell him!! Whne that comment from Carri went whizzing by about holding her hands in the air, I totally cracked up!!
lau.gif

I missed the fun, tried to chat but nothing, I did get to chat early when it was still just a test. Instead I had to go to bed early.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So is chat broke or is time up??

Is chat suppose to be there 24/7?????

If you paid for a month it was a short month.

Last edited:
It's broke. When I was on yesterday before the spam in and outs till it died. Had nothing to do with money not paying the connection. Looked like a Host problem not even sure if Nifty can do anything from this end. Nifty just has a few bugs to work out, lets give her more than a day to work them out. Instead we shall dig the BBQ pit today. If chat isn't working by tomorrow then by all means, Spark Up The Barbie!
lau.gif

Bubba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom