••• The BYC Radio Show Podcast •••

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

UPDATE HERE: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=490654#p490654

Choose
    who you want interviewed and what questions you want them to answer!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone!

I was setting up a conference dial in number for the moderators of the forum to all have a phone chat with one another. The service I'm using is free (other than the possible long distance charges). Doing some exploring on the site I noticed that there is an option to record the conference and that got me to thinking... A BYC PODCAST

I personally don't have much to say (yeah... I know... hard to believe [​IMG] ) so I thought it would be fun if we involved some other forum members. I've got a couple ideas in mind, but let me just say we could have all kinds of fun with this!

[​IMG]

To do a first run test (I've never done a podcast before) I thought I'd start out by doing a phone interview our very own ChickChair Cindi. She's been around managing this community for years and I thought we'd all like to get to know her better. We've all read her posts, now we can hear her voice!

So, in the next week or so I'm going to give Cindi a call and ask her a bunch of questions about her chickens and her background related to BYC. If you have any specific questions you'd like me to ask her, please reply here!

Also, if you have any questions, ideas or suggestions on the BYC Podcast, please post them here as well.

[​IMG]

Oh... by the way, the service is: http://freeconferencing.liveoffice.com/ and the recordings will be available as MP3's.

2. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Hey ya Nifty, can yall have a text version when it's over...for those of us on dial up [​IMG]

Thanks so much... Miriam

3. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    I'm not exactly sure how this works, but it sounds interesting...

4. Nifty-Chicken

Hmm... if someone wants to volunteer to transcript then I'm fine with it. I'll work to keep the files as small as possible. Since it will be voice and not music I can compress it a lot.

5. Mechanic1987

Mechanic1987 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Anniston, Ala.
    Nifty,
    [​IMG] Sounds like a great idea. [​IMG]

Ray

6. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
    Cool !

7. Nifty-Chicken

So... nobody has questions they are dying to have me ask Cindi? Maybe we'll need to make it a dual interview... I ask her questions and she asks me questions.

Anybody got questions they want Cindi to ask me?

8. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I would like to know of she's going to be posting more often. I so seldom see her anymore.....Is she backing out of the forum? Loosing interest? I miss CC!!
    [​IMG]

Oh, by the by Rob, I think this sounds a lot like fun! I hope it works out!! Thank you so much for all you do! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  9. Nifty-Chicken

Quote:She's not loosing interest nor is she backing out (I won't let her)! She's just a super busy woman trying to admin two forums and do a million other things.

Quote:Thanks Becky! I'm always looking for fun things to have us all participate in.

10. SkeeredChicken

SkeeredChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    another possibility would be to burn the mp3 to an audio cd and maybe make it available like that....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by