Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Hopefully you've noticed the very new and very nice images to the top right of the forum!

Over the past 10 months the BYC forum has grown like gangbusters. We're super happy and excited about this and want to ensure that the forum will be in a position to continue to add more and more members and features (for example, the sponsors made possible the addition of the new Private Messages).

We're going to work hard to make sure these sponsors have products and services that fit right in with our community. For example, our very first set of 5 sponsors are perfect examples of this:

Ideal Poultry
EggCartons.com
Meyer Hatchery
The Egg Cart'n
ShopTheCoop.com

Please visit these sponsor's sites (you'll see their different ads as you reload the forum pages) and if you buy something from them please let them know you saw them on the BYC forum.

If you have any questions or suggestions about BYC sponsors please let me know.

kstaven, thanks for asking. If anyone wants information on becomming a BYC sponsor please send me an email (or a cool new Private Message) with:

Your name
Company Name
Website / URL

We're limiting the number of sponsors to 5 per month so we can ensure each sponsor gets good exposure on the forum. I'll send out details to anyone that is interested in becoming a BYC sponsor the next time we have a sponsorship opening available.

I belong to another animal-related forum, and they have an optional donation function. You can donate $10 a year and be a 'star' or so much a month and be some other designation. You see it where you see the 'member' or 'new member' on the posts.

I know personally I'd be willing to give a small subscription fee to help keep the site going and to help with improvements, etc, and I'm sure others would as well. The wisdom, advice, support and therapy I get here would be a bargain at any price - even at 10 times $10 a year, it's cheaper than many vet visits (or one visit to the therapist... lol!)

It's set up through paypal as a subscription, so it just auto renews, either monthly or yearly depending on what level you pick to donate.

It's totally optional, and if you choose not to donate you still have all the access and functions as someone who doesn't with the exception that who donate also have access to a special topic that only they can see, not that it makes that much difference.

Just a suggestion... I know how expensive it can be to host and run a website and forum, just actual $$s out of the pocket for software and hosting, not to mention the TIME that you guys take!

Last edited:
Donations are an option and we may try that if sponsors, don't work out (i.e. nobody supports the sponsors and they don't renew).

Overall, while getting / setting up sponsors is a lot of work, in the long run (the idea is) they will be easier to get and manage than store sales and donations.

Here's another question, when we buy from sponsors, do we have to tell them who we were refered by, or is it that if we just click on their links to their sites, they get a counter that sees how many clicks they are getting from here?

Quote:
You don't "HAVE" to tell them you were referred by BYC, but it would really be nice because if they know their ads are attracting customers they will be more likely to renew.

My ad server is counting impressions and clicks, but it is up to the vendor to track sales, and most are not set up to tell from where the sale originated... hence the suggestion that if the opportunity arises (in email, online form, on phone, etc.) it would be great if they knew you came from BYC.

Cheers!

Site's going gangbusters! Great job.

Don't know if it's possible (some sponsors are getting wise about what sort of metrics are acceptable).

Just wondered about splash-`ading' visitors from click that takes them to Forums - not FAQs/Store, and splashing those who are using the search function for every query made - getting to be quite the little database, that $$). Maybe more folks will sign up to get rid of the `in your face' interstitials, resulting in less lurking/more members, and waylay bandwidth sucking predators looking to make a quick meal of hard won info...

Would prefer to fork over a yearly fee, but whatever's right.

IIRC the average number of clicks `informavores' make on a specific site foraging for specific `game' is two. If they're interested enough they'll either sign up or eat some advertising along with the `white meat' (sorry, had to work in the chooks somehow... O.K., Porkchops!).

Howdy,
I've sent an email & a private message but I haven't heard back...I'm just worried you didn't get my messages. I would like to get info on becoming a sponsor.
[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom