«« Skinned RP Chat Thread »»

You know, forget I even said anything. No matter how hard I try to explain these things, you're not going to exactly get it, you're going to be upset, and I fully accept that. I tried being as nice as I could but instead I now have people pointing the "well no actually you're the racist one" finger at me. I never said I didn't want more diversity, I actually want that, but the difference is between stereotypical representation and accurate representation.

I get what you are saying, and I agree with your points. I just don't think that this is racist; we've been respectful of the cultures, we did not step on any particular tribes' beliefs by using their name, and I don't see a problem with using names from all over, when we're not even using a specific tribe, it's not stereotypical either, to use the names.

It's fiction, and it's pretty well thought out and respectful for what it is. :/

I get what you are saying, and I agree with your points. I just don't think that this is racist; we've been respectful of the cultures, we did not step on any particular tribes' beliefs by using their name, and I don't see a problem with using names from all over, when we're not even using a specific tribe, it's not stereotypical either, to use the names.

It's fiction, and it's pretty well thought out and respectful for what it is. :/

:goodpost:

It's fiction, and it's pretty well thought out and respectful for what it is.
hmm.png
And that's the truth. No racism. No stereotypes. No disrespect. What was dubbed racism was appreciation.

And that's the truth. No racism. No stereotypes. No disrespect. What was dubbed racism was appreciation.

:goodpost: :clap (not saying anything else because I would probably offend someone or make it worse)

Quote: Okay. I understand that. You didn't mean it that way.

No stereotypes though? I don't agree.

But what frustrates me is that you may feel it is appreciation, but you don't realize that when actual Native American people do these things they're stigmatized for it. It's edgy for a white person, but unthinkable for a Native American. Even if it's a fake game.

While I appreciate the effort not to choose a real tribe, real, accurate representation is best, especially after the days of being portrayed as "noble, savage redskin injuns" everywhere in media up until recently.

I'm not going to say anything else. You can discuss this among yourselves, I don't mind. I just feel no need to be a part of this anymore.

Okay. I think I understand the general idea of what you're trying to say.

You feel no need to be a part of this anymore, though? I don't agree.

You're the only reason this discussion started in the first place(you mentioned it first, although I admit that somebody else might have later on instead of you). But you're only making it worse by continuing to add arguments to an 'issue' whose resolution could be plausible and then left alone... if you hadn't kept arguing, of course. And it seems like you do mind, or else you wouldn't have kept bringing it up. If you don't say anything else, that's fine by me, although I have a feeling you're still reading this to see what peoples' reactions are to what you said(I know I have done that in the past). I'm not trying to be harsh or single you out, but this is what I believe of what's going on.

Okay. I understand that. You didn't mean it that way.

No stereotypes though? I don't agree.

But what frustrates me is that you may feel it is appreciation, but you don't realize that when actual Native American people do these things they're stigmatized for it. It's edgy for a white person, but unthinkable for a Native American. Even if it's a fake game.

While I appreciate the effort not to choose a real tribe, real, accurate representation is best, especially after the days of being portrayed as "noble, savage redskin injuns" everywhere in media up until recently.

I'm not going to say anything else. You can discuss this among yourselves, I don't mind. I just feel no need to be a part of this anymore.
Okay. I think I understand the general idea of what you're trying to say.

You feel no need to be a part of this anymore, though? I don't agree.

You're the only reason this discussion started in the first place(you mentioned it first, although I admit that somebody else might have later on instead of you). But you're only making it worse by continuing to add arguments to an 'issue' whose resolution could be plausible and then left alone... if you hadn't kept arguing, of course. And it seems like you do mind, or else you wouldn't have kept bringing it up. If you don't say anything else, that's fine by me, although I have a feeling you're still reading this to see what peoples' reactions are to what you said(I know I have done that in the past). I'm not trying to be harsh or single you out, but this is what I believe of what's going on.
I completely agree with Mantha. My arguments:

1. "No stereotypes though? I don't agree." Please give me a stereotype example. You keep talking about them, but I just haven't found any.
  2. "But what frustrates me is that you may feel it is appreciation, but you don't realize that when actual Native American people do these things they're stigmatized for it. It's edgy for a white person, but unthinkable for a Native American. Even if it's a fake game." First it is appreciation, it really is. This was made because we appreciated their culture and stories. Second, I think it's a bit presumptuous for you to speak on behalf of all Native Americans and all white people. I know that comes off as rude, but isn't it? How do you know that's true? Third, have you confirmed that we're white before making that argument? Just because we made something that you deemed racist, does that make us white?
  3. "While I appreciate the effort not to choose a real tribe, real, accurate representation is best, especially after the days of being portrayed as 'noble, savage redskin injuns' everywhere in media up until recently." What are your issues with our representation? We have great characters, a good storyline… I just don't get where you're coming from, honestly. We're not portraying them as "noble, savage redskin injuns", we're portraying them just as we would other people. Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
  4. "I'm not going to say anything else. You can discuss this among yourselves, I don't mind. I just feel no need to be a part of this anymore." After all you've said, all your accusations and arguments, you're leaving now, after dropping that bomb? It seems to me that this is important to you. As Mantha said, I'm pretty sure you're at least going to see what else people have to say. And I suspect that if you see something, you'll very much want to make an argument. And if you had found something that I truly found racist, I would have wanted to know, and I would have changed it. But it isn't racist, or stereotypical. This is appreciation. This is respect. This is something good. I don't know why you don't see that. I get that it might come off that way at first, but I also think that we've made good arguments to the contrary. But all our arguments were was the truth. This is the truth.

So maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you won't read this. Maybe you won't ever look at this thread again. But I do hope you will, because if we've said anything that might change your opinion and see that this really isn't racist and it really is respectful and a work of appreciation, then I'll be glad that you said something, because it will have done something good.

Back
Top Bottom