Brisa finally began to uncurl herself from the fetal position and tried to stand but only managed to sit upright. Is this what a concussion feels like? She had no idea how much time had passed, but she could still hear gunshots and fighting. Each time a gun fired the noise would send a wave of pain through her throbbing head. She finally managed to kind of army crawl out from behind the truck that had been shielding her, and she sat there trying to get her eyes to focus on the crazy movement of the battle. It felt like she had been spun on a swivel chair a hundred times and told to walk in a straight line. She finally scooted backwards into a safer spot behind the truck when she remembered that she had left her gun on the battlefield, and leaning against the mud-encrusted wheel, she drew her knees up against her chest and squeezed her eyes shut. I’m so useless. I can’t see straight or even walk or anything and my friends are dying out there!

Toby saw Brisa hiding behind the car. He jogged over to her, occasionally tripping. He crouched down by her. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked worriedly, looking her over for any injuries. "You don't have a weapon, do you? Hold on," he said, standing up. He walked away from the car and grabbed the nearest gun. He ran back over to her, and handed her some items. "Okay, here you go. A gun, extra ammo, and a water bottle."

Toby saw Brisa hiding behind the car. He jogged over to her, occasionally tripping. He crouched down by her. "Hey, are you okay?" He asked worriedly, looking her over for any injuries. "You don't have a weapon, do you? Hold on," he said, standing up. He walked away from the car and grabbed the nearest gun. He ran back over to her, and handed her some items. "Okay, here you go. A gun, extra ammo, and a water bottle."
Brisa opened her eyes in fear at the sound of Toby’s approach but relaxed at the blurry sight of two Tobys in front of her. In response to his first question she gestured shakily to her head. “Some guy hit me in the head with his gun.” She took the gun and other supplies he offered and opened the water, drinking thankfully. “I just need some time to orient myself and then I can keep fighting.”

Brisa opened her eyes in fear at the sound of Toby’s approach but relaxed at the blurry sight of two Tobys in front of her. In response to his first question she gestured shakily to her head. “Some guy hit me in the head with his gun.” She took the gun and other supplies he offered and opened the water, drinking thankfully. “I just need some time to orient myself and then I can keep fighting.”
Indigo threw herself back into the fray, shooting bullets with a new ferocity.
She quickly ran out of ammunition and bolted back after Toby towards the van.

Toby gently brushed a lock of Brisa's hair to the side to get a better look of her wound. "I don't have any gauze to bandage it, and duct tape isn't great for wounds. I'm going to grab some cloth, I'll be right back," he said. He stood up and moved away from the van, ramming face first into Indigo and falling down. "Ow! Oh, hi Indigo." he said, surprised to see she followed him.

Toby gently brushed a lock of Brisa's hair to the side to get a better look of her wound. "I don't have any gauze to bandage it, and duct tape isn't great for wounds. I'm going to grab some cloth, I'll be right back," he said. He stood up and moved away from the van, ramming face first into Indigo and falling down. "Ow! Oh, hi Indigo." he said, surprised to see she followed him.
"Oof," Indigo said
as Toby rammed into her. She offered a hand. "I was looking to get some more ammo, didn't expect to run into you."

"Oof," Indigo said
as Toby rammed into her. She offered a hand. "I was looking to get some more ammo, didn't expect to run into you."

"S-sorry," Toby said, standing up. "I was helping Brisa. She has a pretty nasty cut on her head. I'm just, uh, going to find fabric. Sorry for running into you." He said, quickly walking away. He knelt by a dead body and cut off a large strip of fabric. He jogged back to Brisa and tied it around her head. "There we go, that should help." He said, and smiled at her.

"S-sorry," Toby said, standing up. "I was helping Brisa. She has a pretty nasty cut on her head. I'm just, uh, going to find fabric. Sorry for running into you." He said, quickly walking away. He knelt by a dead body and cut off a large strip of fabric. He jogged back to Brisa and tied it around her head. "There we go, that should help." He said, and smiled at her.
“Thanks.” She replied gratefully, leaning back against the wheel again and giving up her wish to go back into battle, at least for a while. Her vision was still too blurry and the throbbing in her head wasn’t fading. Voices still sounded as though they were echoing, even her own voice sounded distant and unrecognizable. “Be careful.” She told Toby. “Try to save some of your energy, because Mapleshade’s not going to go down without a lot of effort on our parts.”

“Thanks.” She replied gratefully, leaning back against the wheel again and giving up her wish to go back into battle, at least for a while. Her vision was still too blurry and the throbbing in her head wasn’t fading. Voices still sounded as though they were echoing, even her own voice sounded distant and unrecognizable. “Be careful.” She told Toby. “Try to save some of your energy, because Mapleshade’s not going to go down without a lot of effort on our parts.”

Toby nodded. "I will. You stay here, okay? If the Pure find you, shoot 'em. It might be safer in the car, I think the glass is bulletproof. Do you need anything else before I go?" He asked.

Toby nodded. "I will. You stay here, okay? If the Pure find you, shoot 'em. It might be safer in the car, I think the glass is bulletproof. Do you need anything else before I go?" He asked.
She shook her head, then regretted the sudden movement. “I’ll be good. Thank you.” Giving him a grim yet encouraging smile, she dragged herself up until she was half on her knees and half on her feet and stumbled around the back of the car. Yanking open the door to the backseat, she crawled in and curled up in the back, her gun clutched in one hand and the water bottle in the other, slamming the door shut behind her.

She shook her head, then regretted the sudden movement. “I’ll be good. Thank you.” Giving him a grim yet encouraging smile, she dragged herself up until she was half on her knees and half on her feet and stumbled around the back of the car. Yanking open the door to the backseat, she crawled in and curled up in the back, her gun clutched in one hand and the water bottle in the other, slamming the door shut behind her.

Toby waited until she was safely in the car. "Lock the doors. Honk if you need me, K?" He said, putting his thumbs up. He smiled at her, and turned around. Once she could no longer see his face, it fell into one of panic, as he stumbled back into the battle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom