Adrenaline coursed through Wolfram's vein like it hadn't ever done before. It blinded him completely, more so then the stabbing pain in his ribs as they screeched in protest against the impact as he pelt through the trees.
Brambles and leaves and branches whipped at his legs, snagging around his ankles and slicing open his face. But he didn't slow for them. There was a volcano of fury rising inside him, and it didn't allow him to stop or slow, even though he knew he was damaging his body even more so by heeding to the volcano's encouragement. Has that ever stopped me before, though?
He skidded to a halt suddenly, his gaze trained on the fur that was snagged on a bramble. His head shot up, listening. A normal human would hear the swish of leaves and trees as River and Bleddyn ran to keep up with him, but only someone with feline or canine hearing could hear the soft fall of footsteps as another being paced in the clearing past the thicket of thorns.
Without waiting for River and Bleddyn, he swerved around the brambles, and broke into a small clearing where Mapleshade stood. She whirled on her feet, staring at him.
"Coward!" Wolfram didn't slow to meet her gaze, instead only slammed her against the tree, the sharp snapping and grinding sound of breaking bones filling his ears.
Mapleshade writhed under his grip, releasing a shriek of agony as bones cracked under the force that slammed her against the tree.
He then realized he still had the knife in his hand, and it surged up, but stopped short, only a hair away from piercing her throat.
Within him he felt so much hatred and fury toward the woman writhing and hissing in front of him. Hatred he couldn't describe, because it was so much more powerful then almost anything he had ever felt before.
But, somehow, he couldn't bring himself to drive the knife, clutched in his torn and shaking hand, into her throat. She met his gaze with malevolent intent glittering wildly in her eye.
"What? To much of a coward to kill me? You're more like you're mother then I thought."
River busted into the clearing, her eyes alight with a terrifying sort of rage. The moment they landed on Mapleshade, they seemed to literally seethe. "Murderer." She spat; stalking forward, her hand tightening on her gun, blunt fingernails changing into sharp claws.
She stopped a short distance away from Wolfram, but she completely ignored him, focused on Mapleshade, and she had a burning want to just shoot she-cat shifter.
But Wolfram's hand hovering over her throat with a knife made her pause. If I kill her now, he'll never forgive me. Just wait a moment, give him a chance to do it.
"You've murdered numerous people, three of which I know where defenseless. You're so much more of a coward than him." She growled under her breath, her ears shoved forward, and her tail whipping back and forth as she restrained herself from simply attacking the woman.

Adrenaline coursed through Wolfram's vein like it hadn't ever done before. It blinded him completely, more so then the stabbing pain in his ribs as they screeched in protest against the impact as he pelt through the trees.
Brambles and leaves and branches whipped at his legs, snagging around his ankles and slicing open his face. But he didn't slow for them. There was a volcano of fury rising inside him, and it didn't allow him to stop or slow, even though he knew he was damaging his body even more so by heeding to the volcano's encouragement. Has that ever stopped me before, though?
He skidded to a halt suddenly, his gaze trained on the fur that was snagged on a bramble. His head shot up, listening. A normal human would hear the swish of leaves and trees as River and Bleddyn ran to keep up with him, but only someone with feline or canine hearing could hear the soft fall of footsteps as another being paced in the clearing past the thicket of thorns.
Without waiting for River and Bleddyn, he swerved around the brambles, and broke into a small clearing where Mapleshade stood. She whirled on her feet, staring at him.
"Coward!" Wolfram didn't slow to meet her gaze, instead only slammed her against the tree, the sharp snapping and grinding sound of breaking bones filling his ears.
Mapleshade writhed under his grip, releasing a shriek of agony as bones cracked under the force that slammed her against the tree.
He then realized he still had the knife in his hand, and it surged up, but stopped short, only a hair away from piercing her throat.
Within him he felt so much hatred and fury toward the woman writhing and hissing in front of him. Hatred he couldn't describe, because it was so much more powerful then almost anything he had ever felt before.
But, somehow, he couldn't bring himself to drive the knife, clutched in his torn and shaking hand, into her throat. She met his gaze with malevolent intent glittering wildly in her eye.
"What? To much of a coward to kill me? You're more like you're mother then I thought."
River busted into the clearing, her eyes alight with a terrifying sort of rage. The moment they landed on Mapleshade, they seemed to literally seethe. "Murderer." She spat; stalking forward, her hand tightening on her gun, fingernails changing into claws.
She stopped a short distance away from Wolfram, but she completely ignored him, focused on Mapleshade, and she had a burning want to just shoot she-cat shifter.
But Wolfram's hand hovering over her throat with a knife made her pause. If I kill her now, he'll never forgive me. Just wait a moment, give him a chance to do it.
"You've murdered numerous people, three of which I know where defenseless. You're so much more of a coward than him." She growled under her breath, her ears shoved forward, and her tail whipping back and forth as she restrained herself from simply attacking the woman.
Bleddyn kept up her urgent pace, surging through the defensive undergrowth as though she had no pain left to suffer. Maybe she didn't.
When she arrived at the scene of contention, she sucked in an anticipatory breath and draped her left arm around a thin cedar beside her, waiting.
"Dude, just do it," she murmured. She saw how, even now, Mapleshade still retained that psychotic look and it was disturbing.

Bleddyn kept up her urgent pace, surging through the defensive undergrowth as though she had no pain left to suffer. Maybe she didn't.
When she arrived at the scene of contention, she sucked in an anticipatory breath and draped her left arm around a thin cedar beside her, waiting.
"Dude, just do it," she murmured. She saw how, even now, Mapleshade still retained that psychotic look and it was rightfully alarming.

River busted into the clearing, her eyes alight with a terrifying sort of rage. The moment they landed on Mapleshade, they seemed to literally seethe. "Murderer." She spat; stalking forward, her hand tightening on her gun, blunt fingernails changing into sharp claws.
Wolfram was very aware that Bleddyn and River had entered the clearing, but made no move to acknowledge them. Mapleshade stared at him, her lips twisted into the most malicious grin he had ever seen on a human being, like a creature straight out of a horror movie.
His hand ached from how hard he gripped the knife, and even though it was so close to the woman's throat, so close to ending the life of a murderer, someone who had killed innocent people, he couldn't do it. Not with her staring him directly in the eye. Not with the painful memories of when he had trusted her and even looked up to her.
"I can't," he hissed when Bleddyn's voice reached his ears, Mapleshade's grin stretching wider with sadistic glee. "I can't kill you."
"Why not?" Mapleshade jeered, her gaze flicking to River. "At least I have the guts to kill those who threaten and destroy me. Why, Wolfram, I suppose I don't understand."

~

"You killed your own father after all. A innocent man who killed no one. You killed him with no hesitation. But you can't bring yourself to kill me." She taunted, staring unblinkingly into the pale blue-gray gaze of Wolfram, that looked so much like his mother's own, albeit much brighter and bluer.
"Your friend there is right, in a way. I killed people. I killed your mom. I caused two innocent girls to become orphans. And you still can't kill me?"
"I can't kill you." He repeated, his voice trembling pathetically.
"Then I'll kill you. I'll kill every single one of you. Your friends. People you swore you would protect. Oh, what would your mother think? Of you, breaking a vow you made. She would be so disapointed in you."
A little less then a milliesecond to late did she realize Wolfram had utterly lost it, a fire blazing inside his eyes, and the knife reared back, and slammed down into her throat quicker then she could blink.

Last edited:
Wolfram was very aware that Bleddyn and River had entered the clearing, but made no move to acknowledge them. Mapleshade stared at him, her lips twisted into the most malicious grin he had ever seen on a human being, like a creature straight out of a horror movie.
His hand ached from how hard he gripped the knife, and even though it was so close to the woman's throat, so close to ending the life of a murderer, someone who had killed innocent people, he couldn't do it. Not with her staring him directly in the eye. Not with the painful memories of when he had trusted her and even looked up to her.
"I can't," he hissed when Bleddyn's voice reached his ears, Mapleshade's grin stretching wider with sadistic glee. "I can't kill you."
"Why not?" Mapleshade jeered, her gaze flicking to River. "At least I have the guts to kill those who threaten and destroy me. Why, Wolfram, I suppose I don't understand."

~

"You killed your own father after all. A innocent man who killed no one. You killed him with no hesitation. But you can't bring yourself to kill me." She taunted, staring unblinkingly into the pale blue-gray gaze of Wolfram, that looked so much like his mother's own, albeit much brighter and bluer.
"Your friend there is right, in a way. I killed people. I killed your mom. I caused two innocent girls to become orphans. And you still can't kill me?"
"I can't kill you." He repeated, his voice trembling pathetically.
"Then I'll kill you. I'll kill every single one of you. Your friends. People you swore you would protect. Oh, what would your mother think? Of you, breaking a vow you made. She would be so disapointed in you."
A little less then a milliesecond to late did she realize Wolfram had utterly lost it, a fire blazing inside his eyes, and the knife reared back, and slammed down into her throat quicker then she could blink.
"My brother was never a threat to you." She snarled in response, watching as Mapleshade taunted Wolfram, and felt her spine crawl as she threatened to kill Wolfram's friends, which mainly was made up of River's own family. You're playing with fire, idiot.
As Wolfram jerked backwards, before slashing the knife into Mapleshade's throat, she raised an eyebrow. Well, that was... Fast. Her body relaxed a little, but her hand stayed firmly wrapped around her gun. Mapleshade may be gone, but her soldiers are still back there, fighting the others...
She still took the time to study the scene before her, Mapleshade pinned against a tree, the knife Lachlan had loaned Wolfram lodged in the cat-shifter's throat. She deserved it; after what she did to Thomas, and Tayn, and Silver. Her eyes flicked to Wolfram, and a pang of pity for him hit her chest. The poor boy's mother had been murdered by her best friend who was dead set on finding a poison and destroying an entire race, and she wanted to kill him to get to it, he was then thrown into a fight against a gang of terrorist along side a bunch of teenagers he only knew about four of because he had previously got into a fight with them, got dragged along and befriended by some random overly-kind shapeshifter boy that he really didn't know, was thrown into a race for a poison that could kill him and his new-found friends, literally thrown into a chasm, given the fight of his life, and had to kill his father and a woman he had lived with who had previously probably been like an aunt to him.
All over the course of four days. Yeah, he's had a tough one. We all have.

Last edited:
"My brother was never a threat to you." She snarled in response, watching as Mapleshade taunted Wolfram, and felt her spine crawl as she threatened to kill Wolfram's friends, which mainly was made up of River's own family. You're playing with fire, idiot.
As Wolfram jerked backwards, before slashing the knife into Mapleshade's throat, she raised an eyebrow. Well, that was... Fast. Her body relaxed a little, but her hand stayed firmly wrapped around her gun. Mapleshade may be gone, but her soldiers are still back there, fighting the others...
She still took the time to study the scene before her, Mapleshade pinned against a tree, the knife Lachlan had loaned Wolfram lodged in the cat-shifter's throat. She deserved it; after what she did to Thomas, and Tayn, and Silver. Her eyes flicked to Wolfram, and a pang of pity for him hit her chest. The poor boy's mother had been murdered by her best friend; who was dead set on finding a poison and destroying an entire race, and she wanted to kill him to get to it, he was then thrown into a fight against a gang of terrorist along side a bunch of teenagers he didn't know, got dragged along and befriended by some random overly-kind shapeshifter boy that he really didn't know, was thrown into a race for a poison that could kill him and his new-found friends, literally thrown into a chasm, given the fight of his life, and had to kill his father and a woman he had lived with who had previously probably been like an aunt to him.
All over the course of four days. Yeah, he's had a tough one. We all have.
Wolfram had hoped that he had done it fast enough to kill her instantly.
But it didn't.
Her eye went wide with indescribable agony, a shaking hand, using the rest of her quickly fading body's strength, lifting up to rest on Wolfram's bleeding face. He could have sworn he heard a choked. "Silver..." Escape her lips before she gave a full body shudder.
Crimson liquid stained her throat and chest and the ground below her; the light dying from her eyes quickly and suddenly. She then dropped at his feet, as gasps turned into strangled pants and then silence as the life left the shifter's body.
Wolfram suddenly snapped back into reality, realizing what he had done, something he had feared he would have to do since he realized what Maple's motives were, and now he ultimately did it. "No..."
His legs gave out from under him, forcing him to fall to his knees in front of the lifeless shifter; his breathing ragged. "No, please..." His shaking hand reached forward, taking the quickly cooling wrist between his fingers, his futile attempts to find even the weakest of pulses desperate.
His move had been rash, in complete and utter rage from the taunts she had been making about the group of heroes and his mother.
"Please, please..." His whispers were barely audible to even himself as he let Mapleshade's limp hand fall to the ground. He didn't know why he felt such utter grief suddenly for the shifter. He hated her with ever fiber of his being, or at least he thought he had. But she had helped raise him. Took care of him when he was just a little child when Silver, a single mother, was to busy and frantic to work and care for her child at the same time.
And it hurt. Because, despite how utterly physcotic Mapleshade had become, he had lost the last person that was connected to his mother. Despite the fact that Mapleshade had killed so many people and broken so many others, he felt a little more hollow inside when he realized he would never, ever see the Mapleshade he once cared so much for ever again.
Why? Why did I have to be the one to do this?

Wolfram had hoped that he had done it fast enough to kill her instantly.
But it didn't.
Her eye went wide with indescribable agony, a shaking hand, using the rest of her quickly fading body's strength, lifting up to rest on Wolfram's bleeding face. He could have sworn he heard a choked. "Silver..." Escape her lips before she gave a full body shudder.
Crimson liquid stained her throat and chest and the ground below her; the light dying from her eyes quickly and suddenly. She then dropped at his feet, as gasps turned into strangled pants and then silence as the life left the shifter's body.
Wolfram suddenly snapped back into reality, realizing what he had done, something he had feared he would have to do since he realized what Maple's motives were, and now he ultimately did it. "No..."
His legs gave out from under him, forcing him to fall to his knees in front of the lifeless shifter; his breathing ragged. "No, please..." His shaking hand reached forward, taking the quickly cooling wrist between his fingers, his futile attempts to find even the weakest of pulses desperate.
His move had been rash, in complete and utter rage from the taunts she had been making about the group of heroes and his mother.
"Please, please..." His whispers were barely audible to even himself as he let Mapleshade's limp hand fall to the ground. He didn't know why he felt such utter grief suddenly for the shifter. He hated her with ever fiber of his being, or at least he thought he had. But she had helped raise him. Took care of him when he was just a little child when Silver, a single mother, was to busy and frantic to work and care for her child at the same time.
And it hurt. Because, despite how utterly physcotic Mapleshade had become, he had lost the last person that was connected to his mother. Despite the fact that Mapleshade had killed so many people and broken so many others, he felt a little more hollow inside when he realized he would never, ever see the Mapleshade he once cared so much for ever again.
Why? Why did I have to be the one to do this?
River froze when she saw how effected Wolfram was, and swallowed hard, another stab of sympathy running through her. I know what you're going through, kid, and I know it's hard.
She stumbled forward, reaching out to lay a hand on his shoulder, but stopped just inches short of him. He probably doesn't want or need my sympathy. Her head dropped, and her ears laid down against her head. But I have to at least say something... Or else I'll regret it later, anyway. "I know this sounds... Fake, coming from me, but Wolfram... I'm sorry." She murmured, eyes staring at nothing.

Last edited:
River froze when she saw how effected Wolfram was, and swallowed hard, another stab of sympathy running through her. I know what you're going through, kid, and I know it's hard.
She stumbled forward, reaching out to lay a hand on his shoulder, but stopped just inches short of him. He probably doesn't want or need my sympathy. Her head dropped, and her ears laid down against her head. But I have to at least say something... Or else I'll regret it later, anyway. "I know this sounds... Fake, coming from me, but Wolfram... I'm sorry."
Wolfram shuddered as the sound of her voice broke the eerie silence, the sounds of battle echoing in the background. But, instead of being grateful for her words, her words fell on seemingly deaf ears. "Why?" He rasped suddenly, not making a attempt to look at her. His breath caught in his throat painfully as he struggled to even breathe. "You shouldn't be."

Wolfram shuddered as the sound of her voice broke the eerie silence, the sounds of battle echoing in the background. But, instead of being grateful for her words, her words fell on seemingly deaf ears. "Why?" He rasped suddenly, not making a attempt to look at her. His breath caught in his throat painfully as he struggled to even breathe. "You shouldn't be."
"You shouldn't have had to do that." River murmured, ears twitching slightly as she heard the yells and screams of fighting, and she could have swore she heard Lachlan give a yelp, but she convinced herself she was just hearing what she feared. "It had to be done, yeah, but you still should never have had to need to do that, and I'm sorry you had to."

Last edited:
"You shouldn't have had to do that." River murmured, ears twitching slightly as she heard the yells and screams of fighting, and she could have swore she heard Lachlan give a yelp, but she convinced herself she was just hearing what she feared. "It had to be done, yeah, but you still should never had have needed to do that, and I'm sorry you had to."
"I did what I had to do, and no body should feel sorry for me because of it, because I don't want your sympathy." Wolfram snapped, refusing to look at her. It did not have to be done!
Though there was life everywhere but in front of him, Wolfram felt very alone, and sank deeper into his shredded sweatshirt, staring with hidden horror at Mapleshade's cooling corpse. "She shouldn't have died." He whispered suddenly. "None of them should have."

Back
Top Bottom