“Bruised” tiny Roo Comb

Broke chicken lady

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2020
Texas
I’m not sure if my baby Roo (Britches) injured his comb. Is this a bruise (pic attached). Should I do anything to it? It seems like it might be a bit swollen. But not 100%.
E21645DA-CB21-4CE9-8CCA-F55FE3616093.jpeg
3BDD2262-2BDE-46AB-AD19-85F8A47B3108.jpeg
09A4F1BA-4792-4677-BDD0-330CC2BC4DD1.jpeg
39E4EF13-10AA-49FB-9F8F-31E6D63EDAEB.jpeg

There's not much you can do, just rub some triple antibiotic ointment on it maybe. Looks like just a little bit or scratch. Is anyone picking on him?

There's not much you can do, just rub some triple antibiotic ointment on it maybe. Looks like just a little bit or scratch. Is anyone picking on him?

All 4 of my older (2.5 months) teens got moody 2 days ago just out of the blue. I think it’s because we were working on the coop and had the door shut and they were in run and they think it’s living right to free range the back yard at their pleasure. being smart they knew if the picked on him we would come to the rescue and open the door.

All 4 of my older (2.5 months) teens got moody 2 days ago just out of the blue. I think it’s because we were working on the coop and had the door shut and they were in run and they think it’s living right to free range the back yard at their pleasure. being smart they knew if the picked on him we would come to the rescue and open the door.
That makes sense then. He will be just fine. I had a rooster lose his whole comb once, he was in a fight wirh the other rooster and apparently he lost. It bled like crazy, but we patched it up and he lived.

Back
Top Bottom