… so I’m all in at this point.

Mar 10, 2024
So we got the original two…the. They survived for two weeks so we got four more… then one died so I went back to the store I bought them from to replace it… ended up bringing home a bantam, a turkey, and two guineas…

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 11
I don’t know if I was swindled, but I bought a heritage turkey breed. Was told she’d be aggressive to predators and would get up to 35 pounds. Figured that might make at least the smaller coyotes think twice and I was also told that guineas have keener senses than chickens and that they would act, as I understood it, as an early warning radar array. My daughter picked the bantam cause she wants to kill coyotes with cuteness…

I don’t know if I was swindled, but I bought a heritage turkey breed. Was told she’d be aggressive to predators and would get up to 35 pounds. Figured that might make at least the smaller coyotes think twice and I was also told that guineas have keener senses than chickens and that they would act, as I understood it, as an early warning radar array. My daughter picked the bantam cause she wants to kill coyotes with cuteness…
I have feral dogs, foxes, hawks, etc. here and none of them can catch my game mix chickens. If you want truly predator immune poultry I would get American Game and cross them with something else tough to get hybrid vigor in your flock

You are keeping a bantam chicken with a turkey? Do you realize that is practically animal abuse? Not only will an individual be lonely when they have no other individuals of their own species, but when they grow up, bantams are significantly smaller than turkeys and it is not good to keep turkeys with chickens because turkeys are very large and will beat up a chicken, even to the point of killing them. Correct me if I read your post wrong but it is a bit confusing as to what your thought process is here.

Back
Top Bottom