☆☆☆Fresher Starts. Moving More☆☆☆

I sold eggs constantly. Never once had anyone complain. They always just wanted more than I could give them. I'd try to give them to my family, but they insisted on paying. I ain't arguing.
I have a mother in law that does ok with her stand. 3.50 a dozen. Honor system. Has never had less money than missing eggs. Most times it averages 4-5 a missing dozen.

I just have no faith in people, less faith in lawyers, and flat no trust for the judicial system.

I have a mother in law that does ok with her stand. 3.50 a dozen. Honor system. Has never had less money than missing eggs. Most times it averages 4-5 a missing dozen.

I just have no faith in people, less faith in lawyers, and flat no trust for the judicial system.
I'd just sell them at work. Duck and chicken eggs, mixed. $5 a dozen, but I work in Gig Harbor. Yuppies .

It's against the rules.

Do it if you want but don't think that people are going to believe your eggs are any better than the grocery store's 89 cents a dozen eggs.
Because I hate people. And people bitch about everything. Meat spot? Yeah you ‘owe’ me a dozen eggs. 3.50 a dozen!!!! I can get them for 7.99 for five dozen at the store. OH MY GOD we got sick with salmonella, it was your eggs!!!

Do I need to go on??
One of the many reasons people are stoopid.
All good points. I really dont know why I expect people to be more ..... idk, normal? Naive. :(
And I work with the worst ones - parents! Dont take offense. Just venting. The stuff they come up with! I dont know how/why we all still even bother either answering the phone or expecting them to.
Yes, your child does have to report to school.
Yes, you do have to tell us when they're home “sick”
Yes, your child is actually sick and does need to go home. Why?! Because they're puking everywhere and/or have a 101+ temp.!
No! You may NOT take our chromebook out of the country and continue our classes. Its illegal!

Yeah, on second thought, I really dont need to add eggs to this.

I only have the 6 girls and Im not allowed to process. I live in the city. Im not worried about having too many chickens.
Quails though, thats another matter. Im a recent, and instant, hatchaholic, but cant hatch anymore until i sell what i have now. :hit I want more chicks:hit
City or no city, you can process quail over your kitchen sink. I don't do quail (yet), but one thing I've learned; smaller is easier. People say they're delicious. IMO quail would be the perfect entry-level meat processing experience. I started out (poultry-wise) with a couple dozen huge Cornish Cross. 🤣 Man was I in pain by the time I finished that job, four days later. Chickens are now an easy project but if I had it to do over, I think it would have been better to have learned on quail.

I used to process wild rabbits over the kitchen sink. They were already dead of course, but it wouldn't be difficult to manage that in the garage or even the kitchen sink. Have you watched the Living Traditions Homestead people on YouTube?They started out secretly raising quail and rabbits in the burbs. It can be done. It's a wonderful thing to have your freezers full of meat you've raised yourself.

I sold eggs constantly. Never once had anyone complain. They always just wanted more than I could give them. I'd try to give them to my family, but they insisted on paying. I ain't arguing.
Ok but you didn't start/raise birds with selling eggs as your goal RIGHT?

I'd just sell them at work. Duck and chicken eggs, mixed. $5 a dozen, but I work in Gig Harbor. Yuppies .
I sell my quail eggs for $7/dozen.

City or no city, you can process quail over your kitchen sink. I don't do quail (yet), but one thing I've learned; smaller is easier. People say they're delicious. IMO quail would be the perfect entry-level meat processing experience. I started out (poultry-wise) with a couple dozen huge Cornish Cross. 🤣 Man was I in pain by the time I finished that job, four days later. Chickens are now an easy project but if I had it to do over, I think it would have been better to have learned on quail.

I used to process wild rabbits over the kitchen sink. They were already dead of course, but it wouldn't be difficult to manage that in the garage or even the kitchen sink. Have you watched the Living Traditions Homestead people on YouTube?They started out secretly raising quail and rabbits in the burbs. It can be done. It's a wonderful thing to have your freezers full of meat you've raised yourself.
They were perfect for me. I'd never killed anything larger than a bug before I processed my first quail. Today I walked another newbie through it.

Back
Top Bottom