☆☆☆Fresher Starts. Moving More☆☆☆

The deer aren't allowed in the house but I have had a sparrow and a robin come in uninvited. The robin is on page 11 of my Birds album.
full
Ooh, it's so cute! That's amazing!
I remember finding a little robin a long time ago -- just a pin-feathered fledgling who fell out of his nest during a rainstorm. Took him in, pandered to him for the day, hunting all over the place for bugs and worms... we put him in a little basket in a tree near where he fell. He was gone the next morning. Something probably snatched him, poor thing.
I named him -- incredibly imaginative of me, but I was young and didn't know his gender -- Robin. First wild bird that I ever held, I think....

There was a link to a perfect greenhouse set up in the Surviving Minnesota thread. The man uses a system that brings outside air in through buried pipes to heat the greenhouse in the winter and cool it in the summer. I believe that the start of the greenhouse is also about 4' below ground level.

What you are looking at there looks similar to what @CindyinSD put up at her place.
That would be so cool...if only I didn't have to dig through friggin granite to do it. Plus the guy told me it needs to be on relatively flat land. 🙄🙄🙄 Very funny.

That would be so cool...if only I didn't have to dig through friggin granite to do it. Plus the guy told me it needs to be on relatively flat land. 🙄🙄🙄 Very funny.
I have lots of relatively flat land. I think a south facing slope is better than flat though. I would put the north side as a full wall and the south side as a partial wall and build it more like a walpini than a greenhouse. I certainly have the room to run a very extended underground pipe system to suppply year round constant temperature air. If I went down in the lower field to put the main bulk of it, it would be in the water table at 3 feet deep giving a constant temperature all year long.

Digging in sand goes very quickly as long as you put the pipe in as you go to avoid having to dig the same trench multiple times.

I have lots of relatively flat land. I think a south facing slope is better than flat though. I would put the north side as a full wall and the south side as a partial wall and build it more like a walpini than a greenhouse. I certainly have the room to run a very extended underground pipe system to suppply year round constant temperature air. If I went down in the lower field to put the main bulk of it, it would be in the water table at 3 feet deep giving a constant temperature all year long.

Digging in sand goes very quickly as long as you put the pipe in as you go to avoid having to dig the same trench multiple times.

In my sand, we figure a trench needs to be 10 times wider than it is deep, and even then it caves in.

In my sand, we figure a trench needs to be 10 times wider than it is deep, and even then it caves in.
I find that the right amount of moisture helps hold the sand in place. I also found that an area that has been driven over often will crumble away the fastest.

To those who know my situation before my battery dies still no power supposed to be tomorrow. After today I feel its important to note and believe in other situations too. Small bill cash it paramount. I realized today that electricity does not mean internet (credit or debit card) will work. It really sucks when you find a gas station open only to find "cash only" anyway I'm out

To those who know my situation before my battery dies still no power supposed to be tomorrow. After today I feel its important to note and believe in other situations too. Small bill cash it paramount. I realized today that electricity does not mean internet (credit or debit card) will work. It really sucks when you find a gas station open only to find "cash only" anyway I'm out
Be safe.

:hugs

Back
Top Bottom