➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Thank you. :hugs I am used to the dying part. It’s the watching them die I will never get over.

Believe it or not, they all like me a lot lol. They all want to be near my hands, snuggle up to me, peck my freckles.. I expected screaming and running already. The only buggers are the two EE’s.
I swear the chipmunk is trying to challenge me, and the white one is the flightiest so far.
I’m sure that will change and they’ll become terrified of me in the next few weeks. I hope they stay relatively sweet though.
I told you about those darn Ideal EEs. :old:gig

I'm so sorry about the Welsummer. You've given her the best chance possible, and fingers crossed she makes it through. :fl

7227703C-4632-4744-B7CD-93702518D068.jpeg
Get the eggs.
Do it now.
Is this your place?

No I don't have an incubator. Although, knowing my DH, if that was the best option.... he'd probably buy one.
I just Googled Asian grocery stores in Nashville.
:oops:

I might have called one...they only carry the preserved ducks eggs at that one store.
:oops::oops:

They will change.
Many times in the next few months.
One day they will be in love with you (I can't help but LOL when I say this now) and the next day they will hate you.
Wouldn’t be teenagers without some mood swings.
The last chicks I got (few years ago) were definitely not a day old! I was not expecting them to be THIS tiny and fluffy, since my last memory of chicks was this:
C260BE19-F1BB-4D7A-8F38-4C94198F0F0A.jpeg

And rest assured, our love will be completely and totally platonic.
:caf

Same here!

@KikisGirls do they ever refrigerate balut eggs? You have me wanting to try to hatch some, not sure what to look for. Ranch Market supposedly carries them in my area. I’m assuming it will only work if they are fresh and not cold.
I spy in Balut in Dallas. RIGHT side of photo.
Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 4.02.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 4.02.34 PM.png

OMGosh! I swear I am going to die from cuteness overload! :love I'm still trying to catch up with all that I've missed but just so you know... We've been talking about wanting ducks for a while now but I have only recently just got chickens (and I am a new/first time chicken momma). So I have been trying to read and research and what not. I'm a planner. I need to plan things out so I am ready. :caf DH texts me today, "You ask her about getting the ducks yet? Figured by now I must be emotionally attached to them". I've been showing him pics of the little balutties and stuff. He absolutely melted when I showed him the pics and the video of them trying to swim in their waterer. I'm like, "nooo! she's too far away (i'm in TN)". He's all, "plains, trains automobiles... we have logistics. can ship, will pay." So I inform him that you already have someone that will be taking them. He just laughed and said, "I just want ducks now.. I wonder if there are any local". :th I think ducks may be in my future sooner than I thought they would be. We are so not prepared yet. :barnie

Ducks are easy. You got this! I had my chickens less than a year when I got my ducks. I brought my ducks home without having built them a space to live inside or out! Just throw something together ;) ducks don't care. They like to sleep on the ground in the cold and drink/slosh from any container that will hold water.

Back
Top Bottom