➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Are these what you snow ppl use? For your frozen water problems?View attachment 1317451 View attachment 1317452
Snow people..... We really only get one or two freak snow storms here....
That said... For my chickens I've been doing the Terra cotta pot thing. For my rabbits I have a heated waterer thingy. just got goats and ducks so no winter experience with their water in the winter, So no experience with those. But you opened up some future winter possibilities for us!

Are these what you snow ppl use? For your frozen water problems?View attachment 1317451 View attachment 1317452

I might now! I had a heated dog bowl, it didn't even last one winter. I got a $5 rubber bucket instead and just break the ice out once or twice a day. It actually seems just as easy. I may not ever stress about heating water again. The chickens get to drink a few hours before it freezes all the way and they get to drink more when I refill later in the day.

Your next stop needs to be the kitchen section to look at those thermometers. Also check out a baking scale while you are there (if you don't have one at home).

The man:eek::eek::eek::eek:
JPEG_20180330_113119_3409183936071371060.jpg

@PirateGirl ... Try the terracotta pot thing.... I'll try to post pics (we've taken ours apart for next winter already). Basically you put a couple pavers down, use a "naked" heat lamp (no dome), upside down the pot over the lamp, put the plate to it on top, then set the water pail. It doesn't melt the pail but puts off enough heat to keep it flowing into the reservoir, also the pot it's setting over puts off heat to keep the chickens warm in the cold. Got the idea, surprisingly, from Pinterest. works decent..

Back
Top Bottom