➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

I hate when I have nights like that. :(

Thanks, me too :(

What kept you up?
Your new phone?
:pop

I bet the internet was involved.

:rant:smack:tongue

No, the phone/internet wasn’t involved you goof. :lau

They do say that the lights from your phone and whatnot can cause you to have a difficult time to fall asleep. Something about inhibiting your body from creating melatonin, which helps you fall asleep.

I have read similar but I always watch TV/use my phone before bed and never have problems.

I think I was nervous about today or something. Also it could possibly be Claritin-D I took at like 4 or 5 lol

Thanks, me too :(

:rant:smack:tongue

No, the phone/internet wasn’t involved you goof. :lau

I have read similar but I always watch TV/use my phone before bed and never have problems.

I think I was nervous about today or something. Also it could possibly be Claritin-D I took at like 4 or 5 lol
I can't take that stuff...it makes me all jittery and I feel weird.
I bet it was the meds.
And the internet.

I can't take that stuff...it makes me all jittery and I feel weird.
I bet it was the meds.
And the internet.

The weird thing is I didn’t feel jittery or weird or hyped up at all (usually I do too with those types of things) but I didn’t feel that way at all and I was tired so I thought I would be able to sleep. But no such luck lol but it’s the good stuff that you have to sign&show ID for that’s behind the counter, the one with pseudoephedrine or whatever, which I think I read is a stimulant. And it’s the 12 hour kind so that’s probably what it was cause I took it at like 5, 5:30. Probably a terrible idea but I wasn’t thinking and my allergies were pretty bad so I just took one as soon as I bought it. Probably should have gotten the kind without the pseudoephedrine but oh well. I won’t make that same mistake tonight. Also whenever I get ready for something, then I can’t sleep. So I brushed my teeth and flossed a million times last night and usually I do that and also shave and all that sort of stuff which I am bad about and usually do before I go somewhere :oops: so because I don’t do it that much, it’s like I know I’m going somewhere or have something important and can never sleep after that. So it was probably the combination.

And no it wasn’t the phone lol I wasn’t even on it. I put it away. I did watch TV till 12:30 and then the getting ready took until 1:30 but then I laid there from 1:30 to 4:30, peed, laid there from 4:30 to 8:30, peed, gave up sleeping at like quarter to 9 lol

Are you getting the same number of eggs each day? Or notice a hen didn't lay her usual egg?
Sometimes a hen will lay a "fart" egg at the beginning or end of a cycle of eggs. This egg can lack pigment or even appear spotted instead of the "normal" color. It is usually smaller than her usual egg and may not have a yolk.
That egg is large enough to have a yolk or debris.

I had a hen this week lay a really large elongated egg.
When I cracked it open there was a really dark thumb sized hard shelled egg inside that had debris inside it. Never had that happen before.
I haven’t checked it yet, but it didn’t feel like a duck egg or any of our usual chicken eggs. It was also completely covered in white feathers and none of our white feathered birds lay light eggs

Do the ducks have access to the same area? I have a tricky EE that lays in the call duck nest. Doesn't help that they both lay green eggs... luckily, the shells have a different feel to them.
They do but it wasn’t waxy like our usual duck eggs, and our ducks are black feathered not white

I haven’t checked it yet, but it didn’t feel like a duck egg or any of our usual chicken eggs. It was also completely covered in white feathers and none of our white feathered birds lay light eggs

They do but it wasn’t waxy like our usual duck eggs, and our ducks are black feathered not white
Incubate and see what hatches?

Back
Top Bottom