➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Does anyone know what laid this? It was in one of our nest boxes...we don’t have any white layers. It’s next to two chicken eggs.

View attachment 1724192

Also, we’ve been getting goose eggs! :yesss: Benny decided she’s ready. Just at 5 months old!

Are you getting the same number of eggs each day? Or notice a hen didn't lay her usual egg?
Sometimes a hen will lay a "fart" egg at the beginning or end of a cycle of eggs. This egg can lack pigment or even appear spotted instead of the "normal" color. It is usually smaller than her usual egg and may not have a yolk.
That egg is large enough to have a yolk or debris.

I had a hen this week lay a really large elongated egg.
When I cracked it open there was a really dark thumb sized hard shelled egg inside that had debris inside it. Never had that happen before.

Oh, no way! I'm a little nutty, but i'm not THAT kind of cray cray!
I feel blindsided by all my girlfriends... what the heck happened- I thought we were all done with babies!? :rant
However...I do love babies. I'm just over sleepless nights, diapers, smelling like spit up and carrying around 1,000 lbs of gear at all times. I. Am. Done!
I feel the same way. I never did want kids, but now all my friends are having babies or pregnant... in the late 30's! Nutters, I tell ya!

Does anyone know what laid this? It was in one of our nest boxes...we don’t have any white layers. It’s next to two chicken eggs.

View attachment 1724192

Also, we’ve been getting goose eggs! :yesss: Benny decided she’s ready. Just at 5 months old!
Do the ducks have access to the same area? I have a tricky EE that lays in the call duck nest. Doesn't help that they both lay green eggs... luckily, the shells have a different feel to them.

Don't think so. I can't think of a single reptile that lays eggs that look like that.

Very true! And they probably wouldn’t lay in a chicken coop. Most lay in sand or the dirt or something, right? I guess I was just thinking cause I know some reptiles lay smallish white eggs. But probably some sort of bird.

Very true! And they probably wouldn’t lay in a chicken coop. Most lay in sand or the dirt or something, right? I guess I was just thinking cause I know some reptiles lay smallish white eggs. But probably some sort of bird.
Most hard-shelled reptile eggs that size (terrestrial turtle/tortoise) are completely round; eggs that would be a similar size and ovular shape to chicken eggs (monitors, pythons) are leathery-shelled.

Most hard-shelled reptile eggs that size (terrestrial turtle/tortoise) are completely round; eggs that would be a similar size and ovular shape to chicken eggs (monitors, pythons) are leathery-shelled.

Thanks!! That’s interesting. And I doubt she has any monitors or pythons there lol

Back
Top Bottom