➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

The opposite of gainfully employed can also be people who do not have an acceptable standard of living due to conflict displacement, war, lack of resources etc.
I hate when people say it's all about money. There are people in this world fighting for their lives, LITERALLY, just because they happened to live in a worse off area of the globe. Meanwhile, our current message to the youth is that if you're not padding your pockets, you're nothing.

I agree. Money is not necessary for happiness. And can be a source of misery.

My point is that college is not necessary, depending on chosen path.

I also was upset when I discovered that college loans linger and graduation does not ensure employment. Go into life with eyes open.

Broke

or
retired :gig
Not necessarily mutually exclusive. :gig

A quick question. I was out sitting with the littles yesterday and the feathers on Elvis' feet are bothering me and I don't know if it's warranted or not. They just look a little frayed? They just don't look full? Complete? I don't know what word I am looking for which is annoying! :he I also noticed there was a pink spot on his right foot. It's up towards the base of the feather on his foot. Like where it's growing out from? Or close to it anyway. I tried to touch one of his foot feathers close to the spot and he jerked it away and I just didn't pursue it. I didn't want to hurt him. He ended up jumping down off of my lap before I grabbed him to get a better look. Now my question is this. Is it normal feather wear/damage since he's just an outdoor pet? Like not a show/pampered chicken? Maybe from where him and Bowie jump up and spar with each other? So would be normal in those circumstances? And is there anything like vitamins or anything in particular that would help his feathering? Or if I did give him anything, would it not help because he is going to have outdoor wear and tear? I hope I am explaining ok. Anyway, here are a couple pics.
IMG_4148.JPG

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

You can't see the pink spot. I'll have to try and get a pic of it maybe tomorrow. I am thinking it's probably from a feather getting tweaked (for lack of a better word) and it caused a little bleeding in the shaft? I'm hoping that is all anyway. I'll get a better look tomorrow. Thoughts? Am I over-reacting?

A quick question. I was out sitting with the littles yesterday and the feathers on Elvis' feet are bothering me and I don't know if it's warranted or not. They just look a little frayed? They just don't look full? Complete? I don't know what word I am looking for which is annoying! :he I also noticed there was a pink spot on his right foot. It's up towards the base of the feather on his foot. Like where it's growing out from? Or close to it anyway. I tried to touch one of his foot feathers close to the spot and he jerked it away and I just didn't pursue it. I didn't want to hurt him. He ended up jumping down off of my lap before I grabbed him to get a better look. Now my question is this. Is it normal feather wear/damage since he's just an outdoor pet? Like not a show/pampered chicken? Maybe from where him and Bowie jump up and spar with each other? So would be normal in those circumstances? And is there anything like vitamins or anything in particular that would help his feathering? Or if I did give him anything, would it not help because he is going to have outdoor wear and tear? I hope I am explaining ok. Anyway, here are a couple pics.
View attachment 1606586
View attachment 1606587
View attachment 1606588
You can't see the pink spot. I'll have to try and get a pic of it maybe tomorrow. I am thinking it's probably from a feather getting tweaked (for lack of a better word) and it caused a little bleeding in the shaft? I'm hoping that is all anyway. I'll get a better look tomorrow. Thoughts? Am I over-reacting?
I don't know a thing about feathered footers. I bet @WVduckchick does.

When do you take possession of the house?
We’re already in possession, we just decided to let the previous owner’s son live there until finals are over on the 17th. They seem like a nice family and there’s no reason for us to rush. I sure wouldn’t want to move out during final exams.
View attachment 1606586
View attachment 1606587
View attachment 1606588
Looks like totally normal chicken foot feathers to me. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom