➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Sheesh. Lighten up, guys.
Know what's worse than a fat dog? A starved one.
A dog with a less than perfect home? How about a dog with no home.
Fat dogs with homes and people that bring them to dog parks have it a lot better than a vast majority of dogs on this planet.
Wanna feel outraged about how people treat dogs? Look at China.

Fat dogs with homes and people that bring them to dog parks have it a lot better than a vast majority of dogs on this planet.
My beagle was on the brink of dying from obesity when I got her. She couldn't even breathe.

I get China and I get all that. I don't like abuse of any kind whether it's over feeding, beating, or any neglect.

China eats dogs, it's their culture.

We eat animals in the US too and abuse them and neglect them before they're slaughtered. We are not better.

It works both ways

My beagle was on the brink of dying from obesity when I got her. She couldn't even breathe.

I get China and I get all that. I don't like abuse of any kind whether it's over feeding, beating, or any neglect.

China eats dogs, it's their culture.

We eat animals in the US too and abuse them and neglect them before they're slaughtered. We are not better.

It works both ways

Exactly. It’s not black and white or mutually exclusive. It’s possible to be upset about all of it at once. Granted, that dog does have it pretty good going to the park, but still, they’ll die so young.

In India cows are sacred and they’re probably just as disgusted by us eating them and especially our treatment of them as we are of them eating dogs in China.

Exactly. It’s not black and white or mutually exclusive. It’s possible to be upset about all of it at once. Granted, that dog does have it pretty good going to the park, but still, they’ll die so young.

In India cows are sacred and they’re probably just as disgusted by us eating them and especially our treatment of them as we are of them eating dogs in China.
I had a friend from India and they were the ones that pretty much had me wanting to be vegan. I love their food. Naan bread is amazing

I actually don't mind that people eat dogs. The practice itself doesn't disgust me. It's how they are treated before they eat them. There are dog eating festivals that last for days where they torture them first as they say it makes them taste better.
Feel the same way about critters here. Best to know exactly where my meat comes from for that very reason.

It’s not mutually exclusive though. It’s possible to be upset about/care about multiple things at once.

Yeah, that dog is better off than a lot of dogs getting to go to the dog park and all that, which is definitely great, but it’s still not healthy if he’s really that big.

And I really think over feeding animals is just as bad because some of them can barely walk or breathe and have crippling joint problems and stuff. I’m not talking about dogs being a little chunky here, I’m fine with that, Gator was a little chunky towards the end too and I get it, I do, but I’m talking strictly about the dogs that are so morbidly obese they can barely move or breathe. That can’t even stand up, can’t walk properly, etc. That’s not normal or right and, IMO, is just as abusive because they’ve gotta be in pain being that obese.

Chunky dogs, not ideal but I don’t care as much, but the morbidly obese ones it’s cruel imo. And the owners of those dogs usually are not taking them to parks and that sort of thing

I actually don't mind that people eat dogs. The practice itself doesn't disgust me. It's how they are treated before they eat them. There are dog eating festivals that last for days where they torture them first as they say it makes them taste better.
Feel the same way about critters here. Best to know exactly where my meat comes from for that very reason.

That’s terrible. :( I didn’t know they tortured them first but I know they have meat farms/cages and stuff. Which we do too so not really better but the torturing is terrible. :(

Back
Top Bottom