➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Not all of it. A lot of it is really healthy. I ate it a lot when we went to Disney because it was the only place that had a lot of vegan food

Thanks! Good to know. I guess I just always think of curry. :lau :oops: haven’t had much Thai either until we were in FL and DB wanted to go and I thought I’d hate it cause the restaurant here sucks and that was my only experience with Thai food but it was actually really good haha

Everythings green down here already now...

View attachment 2005359
Everything is BROWN and dead here now!!!
20200118_163456.jpg

Are we getting another cold front? :barnie
I missed the news last night/this morning.
I wanted to put my quail outside on day one.
They hatch tomorrow or Monday.
I put mine out in the quail house.
It stays decently warmish in there.
20200118_140753.jpg
20200118_140551.jpg

I want Clark!!!
yes 🤬 high was 52 here today and forecasted low dropped to 18!! not supposed to see above freezing again until next week here!
Suppose to be highs in 40's (Farenheit) & lows in 20's for several days here.
Teacup pigs rarely stay small. Pigs aren't meant to be tiny
They're meant to be B.A.C.O.N!!!
Good news, bad news haha
Good news... had 12 eggs out there.
Bad news... only got to keep 5 out of those 12 because the rest were all cracked open/exploded from freezing :barnie
Guess I really do need to start collecting them daily... :oops: maybe multiple times daily! Maybe as soon as they lay them!:barnie
One other bit of good news though.... my EE pullet finally started laying!!!:woot:wee:celebrate
🤔Why the crap aren't you collecting your girls' eggs at least daily?!?! Too busy are ya?😏

Everything is BROWN and dead here now!!!
View attachment 2005772

I put mine out in the quail house.
It stays decently warmish in there.
View attachment 2005774View attachment 2005776

I want Clark!!!

Suppose to be highs in 40's (Farenheit) & lows in 20's for several days here.

They're meant to be B.A.C.O.N!!!

🤔Why the crap aren't you collecting your girls' eggs at least daily?!?! Too busy are ya?😏

Yeah Kdog.
That's a little ridiculous.
To not collect eggs daily or multiple times a day.

😡

Idk, I just forget sometimes :confused:

Not like I leave them in there for weeks or anything haha

Usually just like a day or two at most. Today was the third day but that’s rare. I’ve been a lot better about collecting them daily lately and usually do now or sometimes even more often. But I still forget sometimes. I don’t think that’s a huge deal lol :confused:

Also not like I don’t check the chickens or don’t go out there or whatever. Actually lately I’ve been letting them free range while we work on the coop but then I just forgot to get them when I was out there a couple times hence why there were so many today.

Plus I also got busy cleaning/doing inside stuff.

It doesn’t happen often anymore. I just forgot this week cause I’ve been doing a ton else. :confused:

Idk, I just forget sometimes :confused:
It doesn’t happen often anymore. I just forgot this week cause I’ve been doing a ton else. :confused:
Try to develop a new habit of at least checking on them & collecting final eggs at the end of the day. Do it everyday, make yourself, set an alarm on your phone, it only takes a few weeks to develop a new habit.

Try to develop a new habit of at least checking on them & collecting final eggs at the end of the day. Do it everyday, make yourself, set an alarm on your phone, it only takes a few weeks to develop a new habit.

Kels Maybe an egg log would help implement this? like which hens laid each day so your keeping a health record

The weird thing is I actually have been checking them a ton lately because they’ve been going through water like crazy so I’ve been having to refill it like daily or every other day so I’ve been checking them a ton and also this week I have let them out to free range several times and been out there all day, etc. but yet forget to collect them when I’m out there. :confused:

I think partly cause I’m so tired from working on the coop and/or cold and just want to go inside haha but I have to go back out to lock them up anyway so :confused:

Honestly I think this time I meant to later/put it off and then just didn’t or forgot later ha

But I’ve also been running around doing a bunch else inside with all the cleaning and cooking and stuff and also I think I’ve been a lot more focused on the little chicks than the big chickens lately. I change their food and water multiple times daily, etc. and check them so much that the big chickens have kind of been left to the wayside lately :lau :oops:

Kels Maybe an egg log would help implement this? like which hens laid each day so your keeping a health record

When I do collect them, I do try to take note of that. :) for a while it was only 2 and they’ve been laying since Sept/Oct but the others have recently started laying the last like month or so. I think 2 more just started today or yesterday. Only the new girls though. None of the older girls have resumed laying yet. :hit also I don’t really get why the others have taken so long to start? I guess because the days were getting shorter as they were getting ready to lay so they waited?

yes 🤬 high was 52 here today and forecasted low dropped to 18!! not supposed to see above freezing again until next week here!
We ended up with 2.5 inches of record breaking rain with a low tonight of 28 degrees.
More rain expected this coming Wednesday. The guys from the Dept of Ag are coming Thursday to test my birds for NPIP certification. Supposed to have 40% rain Thursday. I'm laying done boards in the pens so we won't be sinking in the mud.

I was looking for a female chocolate lab puppy and came across catahoula pups and thought this one looked pretty cool

View attachment 2005687
Our dog Red was a Catahoula Lab cross. Best chicken dog we have ever had and a great family guard dog. He would babysit chicks and alert me if one was ailing before I had spotted it.

Back
Top Bottom