➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

No, are they that ugly, poor things
Baby Grackle
full

I decided to make some cotton masks for my nurse daughter and a nurse friend of mine & a few of her colleagues that work at a local hospital. Very simple to make but the ties are the hard part, I guess the elastic cording for ear loops must be a hot item (sold out until May or June). So I'm hand braiding yarn to make the ties.
View attachment 2075995View attachment 2075996View attachment 2075997View attachment 2075998
Have y'all noticed people wearing masks out in the community in y'alls areas?

When I go out, yes. People walking the neighborhood, no.

They are now recommending bandanas for face masks. I smile when I walk by the sign in the bank that says, "please remove hats, glasses and masks before entering the lobby."

Who is going to take robbing a bank seriously if everyone is wearing a mask?

Some trends never die, "Hi Ho Silver! Away!"
Who was that masked man?

Just me. People stare, but I ignore them. They'll all be wearing them soon enough and the sooner the better imo. The whole idea of telling people not to wear them was really idiotic, imo, and I'm a big fan of the current administration. Besides it's the only way DH will concede to me picking up the mail from the PO box without throwing a fit.

The only thing that bothers me... I *am* wearing N-95 because it's just what we have--left over from his transplant. It doesn't seem sensible for me to make cotton ones just so peeps don't judge me, when we have these already. They're expired of course but I think they most likely still work fine.

Or I could wear a shemagh, but that really *would* be weird. :lau

Just me. People stare, but I ignore them. They'll all be wearing them soon enough and the sooner the better imo. The whole idea of telling people not to wear them was really idiotic, imo, and I'm a big fan of the current administration. Besides it's the only way DH will concede to me picking up the mail from the PO box without throwing a fit.

The only thing that bothers me... I *am* wearing N-95 because it's just what we have--left over from his transplant. It doesn't seem sensible for me to make cotton ones just so peeps don't judge me, when we have these already. They're expired of course but I think they most likely still work fine.

Or I could wear a shemagh, but that really *would* be weird. :lau
I'd wear them too if I had them on hand already. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks! I wore one of my new masks today at the stores, might help keep people 6 feet away from me! I don't care what people think personally.

Back
Top Bottom