➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

Rufous Hummingbird
full

full

full

full

That's like me trying to clip Ruby's toenails. She must have had a horrible trauma about her feet before we got her at the age of 4 years of age.
At PetSmart, the groomer didn't like my suggestion that she use a muzzle on Ruby. The tech was nipped on her chin.
Then the next time her nails needed clipping I took her to the vet and it took four of us to hold her to clip her nails with her screaming and writhing in fear.
So I thought I would try by myself. Armed with small doggie treats and cheese surely I could coax 112 pound Ruby to let me trim her nails. After putting a muzzle on her along with a body harness and anchoring three of her legs to the kitchen table legs, covering her eyes with a soft cloth and not holding her feet, I was able to sneak a pair of clippers to a toenail and clip the tip. A treat, some love and reposition for another toe...clipped 5 of her 8 toenails on her two front feet...in an hour and a half! :th:he
So from now on the vet will just have to sedate Ruby.
Look closely at how loooong Ruby's toenails are in these photos before I cut them.
View attachment 2283170View attachment 2283169
Ooh, what a sweet-looking sweetheart! I just want to give her a big hug and a scratch behind the ears. 🤗

Then you would love Lily also...she is 2 and a half.
Both dogs are Rhodesian Ridgeback. Lily is ridge less.
View attachment 2283191View attachment 2283190
My sister adopted a dog that she was told was part RR, but ridgeless. She did some research after she had him a while and is convinced that he is a Black Mouthed Curr instead. Apparently that breed is mistaken as a ridgeless RR all the time. The thing that tipped her off was he had a lot of black in his mouth and tongue. You can actually see he black mouth in the first photo.

1C17AA54-B710-433A-B81D-C98EEB683B3F.jpeg
94F9FD37-94BB-4E13-B241-6ADEFD89A463.jpeg

That's like me trying to clip Ruby's toenails. She must have had a horrible trauma about her feet before we got her at the age of 4 years of age.
At PetSmart, the groomer didn't like my suggestion that she use a muzzle on Ruby. The tech was nipped on her chin.
Then the next time her nails needed clipping I took her to the vet and it took four of us to hold her to clip her nails with her screaming and writhing in fear.
So I thought I would try by myself. Armed with small doggie treats and cheese surely I could coax 112 pound Ruby to let me trim her nails. After putting a muzzle on her along with a body harness and anchoring three of her legs to the kitchen table legs, covering her eyes with a soft cloth and not holding her feet, I was able to sneak a pair of clippers to a toenail and clip the tip. A treat, some love and reposition for another toe...clipped 5 of her 8 toenails on her two front feet...in an hour and a half! :th:he
So from now on the vet will just have to sedate Ruby.
Look closely at how loooong Ruby's toenails are in these photos before I cut them.
View attachment 2283170View attachment 2283169
She's so sweet!

Back
Top Bottom