➡I accidentally bought Balut eggs: 2 live ducks! Now a Chat Thread!

20200807_213600.jpg 20200807_213602.jpg
@honanbm

I sat on him, with choke chain pulled tight and a firm grip under his chin, but no luck. Only about 10 quills, but the vet had to sedate him.
Oh I hope he learned his lesson and doesn't try to play with one again.

Ouch.

I sat on him, with choke chain pulled tight and a firm grip under his chin, but no luck. Only about 10 quills, but the vet had to sedate him.
That's like me trying to clip Ruby's toenails. She must have had a horrible trauma about her feet before we got her at the age of 4 years of age.
At PetSmart, the groomer didn't like my suggestion that she use a muzzle on Ruby. The tech was nipped on her chin.
Then the next time her nails needed clipping I took her to the vet and it took four of us to hold her to clip her nails with her screaming and writhing in fear.
So I thought I would try by myself. Armed with small doggie treats and cheese surely I could coax 112 pound Ruby to let me trim her nails. After putting a muzzle on her along with a body harness and anchoring three of her legs to the kitchen table legs, covering her eyes with a soft cloth and not holding her feet, I was able to sneak a pair of clippers to a toenail and clip the tip. A treat, some love and reposition for another toe...clipped 5 of her 8 toenails on her two front feet...in an hour and a half! :th:he
So from now on the vet will just have to sedate Ruby.
Look closely at how loooong Ruby's toenails are in these photos before I cut them.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom