⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

Tes & Nana!!!! Hello my loves! I won’t even try to pretend like I’ve read all of this thread but these two replies are the first things that popped up when I just came on to check in and I can’t help but give hugs across the wire. My entire family is doing great. From the kids & ginger & the four leggers and the feathered friends. My nerdy kids had an option to do summer school this year (it was a choice for extracurricular- not bc they had to- basically a way for our school to spend covid money... it’s like a summer camp pretty much) and of course they both wanted to bc school is awesome apparently. Pets are good too. All four leggers are doing well but Olive has decided to hate Pearl after their spay so that’s stressful. Would love some advice on that if anyone has any. I’ve tried their own space and pheromones. Didn’t work. Pups are good. We redid our entire flock this year... ended up with mostly cockerels. Have been trying to find homes with nooooo luck and am thinking I’m going to have to process myself for the first time. Any advice on that would be much appreciated like for example: been wondering do I feed the ones I intend to process extra protein? Anyway. My fam has been lucky. No covid for me or any of us for that matter. No vaccine as of now either. Have and still am taking care of several post covid/ covid recovering patients. For the ones severely affected it can be a long road. Don’t even know if that’s been a topic but I haven’t had the time to read up on the thread so just thought I’d go there jic. Hope all my friends are well and hope to catch up more when I can. Miss you precious peoples.

Today is DS2’s birthday!!!! He got himself a present and made this last night!!!!
779E9FD3-8D7D-4F85-ABEA-B7AEC6F0712B.jpeg

We redid our entire flock this year... ended up with mostly cockerels. Have been trying to find homes with nooooo luck and am thinking I’m going to have to process myself for the first time. Any advice on that would be much appreciated like for example: been wondering do I feed the ones I intend to process extra protein?
You can feed them extra protein and I normally feed grower at 18-20%. They grow differently and the extra protein gives the heritage some fat.

Feed them normal. I've got 11 crowing 12 week olds that are making a nuisance of themselves from the second hatch this year. This is a cockerel year for me. 14 boys and 7 girls from this hatch.

And 10 more eggs going to lockdown next week. 4 under a broody and 6 in the incubator waiting to join the others.

Good hearing from you! Sounds like you've got your hands full.

Back
Top Bottom