⭐ Kiki's Year Long 🌶️

Firing a gun inside city limits, is, as I thought, illegal.
Verify the ordinance states "gun" which specifies explosive force.
gun
/ɡən/ noun
1. a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

But arrows, slingshots and dart guns are fine. Air rifle maybe? Ballista? Catapult? Atlatl?

If you know how they are coming onto the property, install a snare.

Should improve your relationship with the problem neighbor if you are walking around armed. An armed society is a polite society.

gun
While most if not all urban sites ban the discharge of firearms within their defined area, air guns are an entirely different matter.

Air and BB guns are not regulated by the Federal government and BATF. As such each municipality is free to regulate them in any manner they see fit. Some municipalities completely ban having air guns. Most ban the discharge of air guns within their areas due to the great numbers of vandalism cases from vehicle damage to more from unsupervised youths doing damage with BB guns.

If legal, a .22 caliber air gun is very capable of being used to dispatch a rockchuck at reasonable distances.

Last edited:
Snares are bad because they are indiscriminate in what they catch and strangle to death.
agree. If you target an entry or create a funnel to know what is using the entry, the snares can be limited. The use of cameras will show you what is using the path.

I agree with your solution of putting up fencing. Deer fencing and then reinforce that for the rock chucks. That allows nature to roam free.

gun
/ɡən/ noun
1. a weapon incorporating a metal tube from which bullets, shells, or other missiles are propelled by explosive force, typically making a characteristic loud, sharp noise.

But arrows, slingshots and dart guns are fine. Air rifle maybe? Ballista? Catapult? Atlatl?

If you know how they are coming onto the property, install a snare.

Should improve your relationship with the problem neighbor if you are walking around armed. An armed society is a polite society.
You're not the first to suggest catapult, oddly enough. Guillotine for swift dispatch has also been suggested. 🤣

Pretty much. It also sounds like because the burrows are on either side of the railroad tracks I'm not likely to get any response from the railroad company that owns the tracks.

To keep completely legal, I need to trap them on my own land and dispatch them here. Firing a gun inside city limits, is, as I thought, illegal.
Pellet rifle

Feb. 3, 2024
Moon_X2037945_02-03-2024-001.jpg

March 4, 2024
Moon_X3047959_03-04-2024-001.jpg

May 2, 2024
Moon_X5028008_05-02-2024-001.jpg

May 22, 2024
Moon_X5228055_05-22-2024-001.jpg

Moon_X5228057_05-22-2024-001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom