• Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Pics
I bought a Rare breed assortment for fun and my Golden Spitzhauben eggs both hatched, I love the pretty color already and can't wait to see their hairdos

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_144617325.jpg
    IMG_20200909_144617325.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 1
I was looking for some help in regards to hatching out during lockdown. I've been having very good development even in shipped eggs, with around 75% of eggs making it to lockdown. Once in there though, only about half of them hatch. Some are getting stuck, but most are just dead after pipping. I have several thermometers and an extra hydrometer in there. The temp is always between 99-100 and the humidity is anywhere from 60-75% (depending on whether or not one just hatched). What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

I'm sorry for posting so often, but everyone in my life is tired of hearing about my poultry addiction 🤣
I just had to share, I moved my very first quail into their big girl pen yesterday and I think they must like it! These are my very first quail eggs out of my first set of babies and I am so excited!

Attachments

• IMG_20200909_170738169.jpg
    IMG_20200909_170738169.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 1
I was looking for some help in regards to hatching out during lockdown. I've been having very good development even in shipped eggs, with around 75% of eggs making it to lockdown. Once in there though, only about half of them hatch. Some are getting stuck, but most are just dead after pipping. I have several thermometers and an extra hydrometer in there. The temp is always between 99-100 and the humidity is anywhere from 60-75% (depending on whether or not one just hatched). What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?
I'm not the only one! I thought it was only me. Last hatch I opened the eggs and it was like lockdown killed them :( Although I didn't get them to the pipping, it's like day 20 does something to them (for me at any rate)

I'm sorry for posting so often, but everyone in my life is tired of hearing about my poultry addiction 🤣
I just had to share, I moved my very first quail into their big girl pen yesterday and I think they must like it! These are my very first quail eggs out of my first set of babies and I am so excited!
twice today someone has been speaking about their quails.... now i really want some.... trying to hunt down some eggs to hatch.... :) :)

Back
Top Bottom