• Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Pics
Worst chicken mom award goes to me. I was cleaning out the hatching box yesterday and decided to give up on the eggs from 8/15. Threw them away and then a couple hours later walked by the trash can and realized one said 8/18 not 15 so I put it back in the incubator. Long story short I found this today. Welcome to the world you poor little trash chicky!
Love it! That chicky is a fighter!

I have some Bielefelders in the incubator right now. I'm worried because some of them are kind of pipped. The shells have been cracked but there is no hole and that's been for about 10 hours. I'm worried they can't get any air. Is this ok? Thanks!
There is almost never a discernible hole when a chick pips, only a cracked, raised bit. Your chicks will be absolutely fine! Happy hatching!

IMG20200909125924.jpg
Well those eggs weren't fertile 😭
I put another 7 eggs under her so looks like I'm going to hatch in October not September.. Hope she'll be ok for 21 more days, poor little pullet
IMG20200909124748.jpg

So... the eggs under my broody are due to hatch today....

The problem with broodys are that you dont know whats going on....... this is driving me nuts!

Wish there was a way they could just tell you...... "loook mate! there are 3 pipped and one just popped out of its shell .... so piss off and come back tomorrow" 😲 :lol:

so Im guessing thats not going to happen so I'll just keep peering into the end of the cage and hope I can see something....

:barnie:pop:pop
We have at least 1 chick... that i have seen so far

Well, my broody duck was a bust. She was picking pieces of shell off every time the duckling would peep, and she crushed it overnight. :( I might offer her a couple of chicks (all I have that’s small) and see if she’ll take to them for now... she looks really sad and is looking for her eggs. 🤦‍♀️
I did give 2 little 2 week old chicks to my broody silkie and she took to them right away. She puffs and growls at the other birds if they come too close to her little kennel and her new babies. xD she’s got 2 chicks under her left wing in this pic, but you can’t see them. Lol. They figured out pretty quick that she’s nice and warm. I think I’ll give her 2 more tonight and let her raise them up for me. Since I don’t have any eggs for her to sit on at the moment...

201B4EDE-8DE3-400B-AFB2-ABFEABECBB8F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom