Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Around 9 am today I opened the incubator to officially remove the egg turner and noticed the smallest little pip. I picked up the egg to move it and the chick inside started cheeping as it must have been angry for the disruption. It made a larger pip around 4:30 and occasionally I can hear it cheep and when I watch the egg I can see it squirm sometimes. Based on when our foal was born this year (2:45 am) I'm predicting a middle of the night arrival. I might get to see it anyways if I'm still trying to finish my book for classšŸ˜‚

My first September babies
4x Leghorns
20200907_204530.jpg

Ok the little chick surprised me and hatched in the hour I was at the barn! Itā€™s spending the night in the incubator but when I checked it out and the egg shell I noticed there seems to be something around itā€™s legs inhibiting itā€™s movement. Should I be concerned or is this normal? I tried to get pictures but I didnā€™t want to mess with it too much. I also included a picture of the shell, is this what the normal shell looks like or is there some yolk left behind? It hatched on Day20, technically before the full Day 20 so like 19 3/4. I think itā€™s a full Salmon Favorelle and not a cross but I wonā€™t be totally sure until it gets more feathers in. Itā€™s cheeping a lot and I hear it moving a lot in the incubator so Iā€™m hoping itā€™s ok.

Attachments

• 51A1BD89-6DD9-4FEE-9484-60FB76B1D3A0.jpeg
    51A1BD89-6DD9-4FEE-9484-60FB76B1D3A0.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 15
  • 3514DDAE-F87F-4F6B-A6F0-C8737B5CF0DE.jpeg
    3514DDAE-F87F-4F6B-A6F0-C8737B5CF0DE.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 2846C4E7-F6BA-4A15-ACE3-905FE3F5491C.jpeg
    2846C4E7-F6BA-4A15-ACE3-905FE3F5491C.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 17
I am totally heartbroken. :hit We decided to go on 1 last camping trip this weekend (after a lot of back and forth deciding from my DH). My in-laws did our chores when we were gone. I specifically told my MIL to make sure my little Salmon Faverolle pullet (which had grown to be my favorite as she would always walk up to me and beg to have her head pet) was in the coop every night (and pointed out which one she was). We got home today and camper unpacked, kids doing homework, laundry started....and then went out to put chickens in right before dark.....and I can't find her anywhere. Everyone else appears to be there. I was so upset that I didn't really get a full count (have to wait till morning to get a count on the ones that roost in the trees). I walked the pen twice calling her and never found her. :hitI have 9 Salmon Faverolle eggs in the incubator now (was going to try and hatch her some friends of the same breed). Hopefully I have quite a few hatch and that they are just as sweet as she was....and hopefullybeg for me to pet them too.:hit:hit:hit

Looks like all 7 eggs under my broody are not developing I can't see any veins it's day 12 šŸ˜¢ I tested others before and they were fertile so I thought these would be too šŸ˜„ question is do I put fresh under her and she goes 21 more days? Or try and break her? She was half on the eggs first day or so too so that may have affected them šŸ˜©

I put these beauties in my two Kebbonixs incubators on September 4th! This is my first time hatching eggs and I'm SO NERVOUS and EXCITED at the same time! I am obsessively checking the incubators temperature and humidity. One of them dropped to 37% humidity overnight and I hope nothing bad happens! EEK! Anyway, I have Lavender Ameraucanas, Isabel Ameracaunas, Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers, Black Copper Marans and BIrchen Marans in this mix of 24

what a beautiful mix of egg colors! šŸ˜

Back
Top Bottom