Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Pheasant Eggs

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Duck Eggs

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Other (please tell us below)

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
I had 4 to hatch this month, set on diff days because I only came up with 4 fertiles. (my roosters were young) below an AC/blue wyandotte.
gxb.PNG
gx.PNG

The second was an pink and blue feathered rooster EE/and blue andelusian
else.PNG
el.PNG

The other chicks are from Meyers.

I am waiting on 2 eggs from my coop (moms are blue feathered and dad will be the same EE or AC.

Whoa I’ve missed a lot. Lol. German pastel quail eggs weren’t great, wound up with 13 going to lockdown, 9 hatched, one of which had some navel issues and died; one ripped its one leg almost off so I helped it the rest of the way and doctored it a bit but it didn’t make it; 2 suffocated themselves somehow in the brooder. So 5 healthy, thriving quail babies left. The Norwegian jaerhon eggs (the 2 that actually developed) are doing ok; one hatched this morning and looked good. The other hadn’t even internally pipped yet but was alive so... the RIR and RIW eggs are disappointing. I might get a single RIR out of it. The hedemora eggs got scrambled in transit and Canada post completely passed the buck and said they’re not responsible for them due to covid, even though it was their handling that caused the issue. And they delivered late. I kind of hate Canada post, they just keep making excuses and doing a p*ss poor job all the way around, and then whine about how “hard” their job is. 🙄 never mind that they make twice as much as I do for half the time spent working... sorry, I’m irritated. Haha.
here’s the chick that hatched this AM: (pretty sure it’s a cockerel but I’ll know better once I see it dried out)
955DC2BC-B69A-46AA-A2E1-7EA7CE75655D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom