• Breeder (shipped)

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Breeder (local)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Pics
Would you suggest getting multiple smaller ones or one big one, I am sure you know, but I am trying to make profit, I plan on hatching one big batch each month then selling them and start the incubation process the beginning of the new moth and by the time I have sold the first batch I should have a new batch of day old chicks to sell. At least that is what I think since I am in NM.

I would suggest buying 1 larger one. I started with a Farm Innovators (but mine was a lemon - others have had great luck with them) and a Janoel 12 (much smaller - I used it for special needs eggs). I replaced the Farm Innovators with a forced air Hovabator that I got from incubatorwarehouse.com and have loved the Hovabator so much that I bought a 2nd to use for a hatcher (so I can do staggered hatching for a more consistant supply of chicks - my plan is to sell chicks too). And then, because I have become quite the hatchaholic and because I started to have some problems with my Janoel, I purchased a 3rd Hovabator. I have a horizontal roller in my main hovabator, and the vertical turner from the Farm Innovators incubator in the secondary hovabator, and then one as my permanent hatcher with the shelf liner in it.

Which one did you get

I got the Deluxe 1602 kit for my first hovabator and paid the $5.00 to upgrade the thermometer (kept the horizontal turner option). https://incubatorwarehouse.com/inde...n-combo-kits/hova-bator-deluxe-combo-kit.html

My 2nd hovabator I bought the Incubaor only (still air set up). I ended up hating the still air set up and purchased a fan kit to turn it into a forced air incubator (this one is my hatcher). The third one I just bought the incubator with fan option because I knew that my old vertical turner would work in it.

I'd love to do a hatch this year but no broody hens. I prefer to hatch eggs naturally. However, I have 10 ducklings coming around July 27th if order doesn't get delayed and I might get a few bantam chicks next week. I lost my last bantam back in January, she was about 5. She loved sitting on duck and standard chicken eggs for me. She'd go broody every spring and sometimes in fall. Between her and another bantam hen, they hatched a couple dozen eggs. I kept only 1, a rooster.

Well I will have chicks hatching July 17-18. I have 22 in the incubator right now. They are - Whiting True blue eggs that we picked up from a Local breeder about 70 miles away. Then I have some home-grown Svart Honas eggs, and Russian Pavlovskayas. I am really keeping my fingers crossed in hopes I get the Russian Pav. to hatch! Plus I have chicks coming next we from half way across Canada. A long haul - so I hope I have good success with them too.

Back
Top Bottom