• Breeder (shipped)

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Breeder (local)

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Other (please comment below)

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters
Status...
I have 3 Phoenix's that are developing great for day 10 but one appears it have no air cell. Is there any hope?
As for the gold and silver cross death layers from green fire farms I have a couple of clear four that look great and a bunch that are we'll see's. They're on day five.

28 eggs all filled into this incubator, another 3 in another incubator so thatā€™s 31 on the go!

C7449F61-4AC7-4B16-805E-9186C1ADF7D6.jpeg

Status...
I have 3 Phoenix's that are developing great for day 10 but one appears it have no air cell. Is there any hope?
As for the gold and silver cross death layers from green fire farms I have a couple of clear four that look great and a bunch that are we'll see's. They're on day five.
Ok so the little egg with no air packet has an air pocket on the other end since it's pretty much the same size on both ends I turned it over it's currently in an egg carton just going side to side because their shipped eggs. Funny thing is this air pocket seems to be stable. Maybe I should go ahead and lay it down.
Thoughts

Ok so the little egg with no air packet has an air pocket on the other end since it's pretty much the same size on both ends I turned it over it's currently in an egg carton just going side to side because their shipped eggs. Funny thing is this air pocket seems to be stable. Maybe I should go ahead and lay it down.
Thoughts
Stable = normal, so it should be fine to lay it down

My Isbar chicks from Greenfire Farms arrived today! I think they are more currently called Silverudd Blues. I had some arrive that are four weeks old yesterday but two of them died in the first few days so I ordered more because three aren't enough to really make a full flock. They're such cuties! I'm glad to see a splash in the mix as my only other splash was one of them that didn't make it.
Silverudd Blues HD 8-10-20 GF.jpg

They are so cute Thebanjam! IĀ“m picking up some hatching eggs of Silverrud blues next week and canĀ“t wait!
My first egg went to lockdown today, its three days ahead of the 3 others. IĀ“m so excited! So, I was standing in front of the incubator, peeping like a hen (like we all do, I hope?) - and the egg moved!! IĀ“m in love

They are so cute Thebanjam! IĀ“m picking up some hatching eggs of Silverrud blues next week and canĀ“t wait!
My first egg went to lockdown today, its three days ahead of the 3 others. IĀ“m so excited! So, I was standing in front of the incubator, peeping like a hen (like we all do, I hope?) - and the egg moved!! IĀ“m in love
Yes, I think we all do.... :)

Since day 1 (now on day 3) the incubator has been reading humidity at 52% - 57% šŸ˜©

When I remove the lid it goes down to 40% but as soon as I put it back on itā€™s back up to 57%.

Ive added no water at all to the incubator, tried opening and closing the vents, room windows, everything.

not really sure what else to do. Technically 57% is me doing dry incubation.

Itā€™s looking like the eggs are going to have to stay at 57% all the way up until lockdown when I increase it to 65%.

Iā€™m really confused as my other incubator in the same room is staying at 45%.

90993DC1-0987-41A4-86A1-825D02237706.jpeg

Since day 1 (now on day 3) the incubator has been reading humidity at 52% - 57% šŸ˜©

When I remove the lid it goes down to 40% but as soon as I put it back on itā€™s back up to 57%.

Ive added no water at all to the incubator, tried opening and closing the vents, room windows, everything.

not really sure what else to do. Technically 57% is me doing dry incubation.

Itā€™s looking like the eggs are going to have to stay at 57% all the way up until lockdown when I increase it to 65%.

Iā€™m really confused as my other incubator in the same room is staying at 45%.

View attachment 2286346
Have you put another calibrated humidistat in there to see if the one on the incubator is reading correctly? Is this the first time you have used this incubator?

Back
Top Bottom