🎃October Hatch-a-long 2020🎃

Pics
Day 18 for my Wheaten Marans was yesterday. Was candling last night before setting them in the hatcher and saw a strange bright spot on one of the eggs while I was marking the air cell.....one of them had already pipped (the wrong end)! 1 out of the 8 is questionable...thinking it might have quit between days 14 and 18, but going to give it a chance as I could very well be wrong.

My incubator is empty at the moment and it feels so lonely not having eggs in it. BUT....that will be short lived. I have Japanese Black Tail Bantams in route at the moment. And should have some porcelain booted bantams, porcelain d'uccles, tolbunt polish, and Olandsk dwarfs on the way before too long. Still waiting for the Pita Pintas to come out of molt and for the Welsummers to get listed on ebay (also in molt).

Hello! I am excited to have found this post! I just got a new coop after moving 2 years ago and am reawakening my inner Chicken Lady!

I am incubating for my first time! Couldn’t find the breeds I wanted and am homeschooling my young kids and thought it would be a good experience. I ended up with two separate hatch dates due to shipping (eBay). Fingers crossed. I have read dozens of posts regarding incubating shipped eggs and am taking special care with the eggs.
8 Lavender Orpington
Mix of 6 eggs, Black Copper Maran, Crested Cream Legbar and a few olive egger.
Hatch date on or round Halloween... spooky!

Back
Top Bottom