🎃October Hatch-a-long 2020🎃

Pics
Hello! I am excited to have found this post! I just got a new coop after moving 2 years ago and am reawakening my inner Chicken Lady!

I am incubating for my first time! Couldn’t find the breeds I wanted and am homeschooling my young kids and thought it would be a good experience. I ended up with two separate hatch dates due to shipping (eBay). Fingers crossed. I have read dozens of posts regarding incubating shipped eggs and am taking special care with the eggs.
8 Lavender Orpington
Mix of 6 eggs, Black Copper Maran, Crested Cream Legbar and a few olive egger.
Hatch date on or round Halloween... spooky!
How fun! This is a lesson for kids to learn. Glad you are able to get back into chickens. Vaccinatings not very big where I am, but what I do know is if you vaccinate one you need to vaccinate them all

First little fuzzy butt out of the incubator this morning.. Completely dried off.. the 4 team mates are all busy pipping! He's the only one from Bruiser and Maggie, the others are from Charlie and Henrietta, my BSL pair.
DSC_0635.JPG

Went to bed last night with 3 fuzz balls running around the incubator. When I checked on the other 5 eggs I found that I lost one during zip :( and had another egg peeping.

My incubator is no longer empty. My 6 Black Tail Japanese bantam eggs arrived and I set them late yesterday afternoon. Cross your fingers for me as every single one of them had a completely detached air cell. They will be sitting upright in an egg carton in the incubator for the first 7 days trying to get that air cell to stabilize a bit. Lavender Americaunas and Porcelain d'Uccles are on the way!

Back
Top Bottom