🎃October Hatch-a-long 2020🎃

Apr 13, 2010
East Texas
I was doing a rare breed mix for the HAL but they came earlier than I expected and wouldn't hold till the 10th, so I am just going to stick them in the incubator later tonight. It's a great mix, not one egg is like the others. The list of what's there: Isbar, Blue Maran, Barbezeiux, Pavlovskaya, Golden Spitzhauben, Cream Legbar, Silver Laced Orpington, Quail Brabanconne, Swedish Flower, Silver Spitzhauben, Silver Deathlayer, and a Partridge in a pear tree!

Oh Wait, wrong season. The last is a Basque Hen. :D

Awakening Forest

FreeBird
Premium Feather Member
Aug 14, 2020
North Central Florida
so day 10 just finished candling the Welsummer eggs and all 22 are fertile and developing nicely. These are from my flock, which helps that they are not shipped. Also i am now at 4200ft above sea level instead of over 5300 ft ASL so I am holding out hope for a good hatch
Wishing you the best hatch of all. I had zero luck with shipped Welsummer eggs this year. First time I had a zero hatch. I'm raising a Welsummer roo now to take over this aspect.

Muscovy Wunda

Crowing
Nov 5, 2018
Central West NSW Australia
Glad we aren't the only ones with mixed up postal services....
For Oct 1st we had 6 pekin ducks and 5 silver appleyards hatch before the incubator had a heart attack, and the remaining appleyard was still 2 days off being ready(set same time) so I had to put it in a cup in the incubator with the eggs that aren't ready to hatch... and now the ducklings hatched early and hasn't even absorbed all its guts.. so basicly I sacrificed my 5 cayuga eggs from my extremely old cayuga hen. Sigh. Time will tell if they are still okay

fawnda

Songster
Jun 8, 2018
Iowa
I was doing a rare breed mix for the HAL but they came earlier than I expected and wouldn't hold till the 10th, so I am just going to stick them in the incubator later tonight. It's a great mix, not one egg is like the others. The list of what's there: Isbar, Blue Maran, Barbezeiux, Pavlovskaya, Golden Spitzhauben, Cream Legbar, Silver Laced Orpington, Quail Brabanconne, Swedish Flower, Silver Spitzhauben, Silver Deathlayer, and a Partridge in a pear tree!

Oh Wait, wrong season. The last is a Basque Hen. :D
Did you get the mix from Foxfire Papillions in ID? I bought a mix very similar to that a couple months ago :) 3 of the nine I got hatched. 2 developed right up until the end, but didn't even internally pip.

Top Bottom