🎃October Hatch-a-long 2020🎃

Hi everyone! It's been pretty busy out here so I haven't been around much. My kid just got diagnosed with COVID, he's having mild symptoms so far, and I just started coughing last night. Sad when you do all the right things and end up sick anyways.

Our rare mix batch is on day 20 today and I saw one has pipped, so there's a bright spot for us! It's a BCM looking forward to seeing it, I've not had BCMs before.

Sorry to hear your family is getting sick. Glad just mild symptoms so far. I hope it stays that way. We just got over a bug here....thinking it was mild COVID as we had a pretty big surge in cases right when we got sick. Would have had to drive an hour to get tested, so just stayed put.

Hello All,

If only one hatches, should I find another chick to keep it company?

My first clutch... looks like only one may be viable... tossed 3, 2 more were questionable and one for sure has developed and moves. I have another clutch set to hatch a week later with 4 hopefuls. So it would be lonely for a week...

I would think as long as you gave it lots of attention, that it would be fine for a week....but I have never had just 1 hatch. Crossing my fingers that one or both or your questionables is also viable and hatches.

I ended up getting two more hatch ^-^
I tried to make a pretty photo but man baby chicks are hard to work with XD
good.jpg

Total chicks: 3 Silkie X Hamburg, 1 Silkie x Araucana, 1 Silkie x Faverolles, 1 Silkie x mix breed
2 are definatly paint, 1 might be but is way yellower, 1 very yellow, 1 black, 1 i have no idea because it looks blue to me but mum is lavender and dad is paint

I ended up getting two more hatch ^-^
I tried to make a pretty photo but man baby chicks are hard to work with XD
View attachment 2387386
Total chicks: 3 Silkie X Hamburg, 1 Silkie x Araucana, 1 Silkie x Faverolles, 1 Silkie x mix breed
2 are definatly paint, 1 might be but is way yellower, 1 very yellow, 1 black, 1 i have no idea because it looks blue to me but mum is lavender and dad is paint
They are so tiny and cute!

Hello All,

If only one hatches, should I find another chick to keep it company?

My first clutch... looks like only one may be viable... tossed 3, 2 more were questionable and one for sure has developed and moves. I have another clutch set to hatch a week later with 4 hopefuls. So it would be lonely for a week...
A mirror and/or a cuddly teddy are a great way to keep them company for a week

we have achieved lockdown status my friends .. these are my batch of mixed ebay eggs, ordered 12, received 14, tossed only one dud out at 7 days and one is iffy its too opaque so its still in there, didnt do another candling .. so 3 days to go thereabouts, the suspense is killin me :D

Attachments

• CIMG1679.JPG
    CIMG1679.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom