🎄Christmas🎄 Hatch-Along

Pics
Wow! her coloring is gorgeous what is she!??
She is gorgeous isn't she? She is suppose to be a speckled Sussex but I guess she is not completely correct for that colouring. She is sitting on a mix of Wyandotte, Orpington, RR and one Sussex egg from the same line as her. It would be lovely to have another hen like her but for the state of our sanity we have decided to assume that all the chicks will be boys!!!! The lads will go back to the breeder as we are fairly urban and are not permitted to keep roosters. If we can get a couple of pullets I'll be happy!

She is gorgeous isn't she? She is suppose to be a speckled Sussex but I guess she is not completely correct for that colouring. She is sitting on a mix of Wyandotte, Orpington, RR and one Sussex egg from the same line as her. It would be lovely to have another hen like her but for the state of our sanity we have decided to assume that all the chicks will be boys!!!! The lads will go back to the breeder as we are fairly urban and are not permitted to keep roosters. If we can get a couple of pullets I'll be happy!
She looks like a mille fleur something! 🤩 Does she have feather legs?

Here is a better picture of her. No feathers on her legs. Actually, I'm not sure we have Mille Fluer in New Zealand? I'll have to check. Whatever she is, she is a lovely hen and I'm hoping she will be a good Mum!
IMG_20210224_182622.jpg

Here is a better picture of her. No feathers on her legs. Actually, I'm not sure we have Mille Fluer in New Zealand? I'll have to check. Whatever she is, she is a lovely hen and I'm hoping she will be a good Mum!View attachment 2920706
Oh yeah she is like a really light Sussex! 😍😍

thats the thing i thought she was gone for good if you know what i mean so i don't know! :barnie
I have an old English game hen like that. She turned up in our backyard a couple of years ago as a very young pullet. She attached herself to our lot, except she roosts in a tree rather than in the coup. She lays a clutch in the bushes and then disappears. We have to spot her when she comes off the nest and then spy on her to see where she goes. We don't have roosters and she will sit for distance so consequently, it becomes very urgent that we find her nests. However, she is pretty crafty.
For the first time, last week, we found a nest of her fresh eggs the other day and had a very nice self-crusting quiche! Normally they just have to be buried.
She disappeared again yesterday...

Back
Top Bottom