🎄Christmas🎄 Hatch-Along

Pics
Unfortunately only 1 hatched, other 2 eggs haven't started pipping so maybe dead already? Not green or smelly so I'll leave them for another day.
Knowing my luck it will be a single chick boy and Chickaletta will waste 6 months of not laying to raise it ☹️
IMG_20211227_103805.jpg
IMG_20211227_103704.jpg

Unfortunately only 1 hatched, other 2 eggs haven't started pipping so maybe dead already? Not green or smelly so I'll leave them for another day.
Knowing my luck it will be a single chick boy and Chickaletta will waste 6 months of not laying to raise it ☹️
View attachment 2940688View attachment 2940689
It is very cute though! Did the other eggs hatch? I'm looking at Ginny's three chicks and I reckon, based purely on personality, that I have 2 lads and 1 gal.

It is very cute though! Did the other eggs hatch? I'm looking at Ginny's three chicks and I reckon, based purely on personality, that I have 2 lads and 1 gal.
The other 2 haven't hatched yet 😢, I've never had any eggs not hatch (if fertile ofcourse) I candled them and they are black and I can't see anything but black inside so not sure if dead? So I left them under her but she may give up on them and look after just the 1 chick I guess.

The other 2 haven't hatched yet 😢, I've never had any eggs not hatch (if fertile ofcourse) I candled them and they are black and I can't see anything but black inside so not sure if dead? So I left them under her but she may give up on them and look after just the 1 chick I guess.
Here's hoping. I guess if she is still sitting on them you can leave them for a few days?

Here's hoping. I guess if she is still sitting on them you can leave them for a few days?
She left them now, I cracked them open and blood came out 😢 . So just one Christmas chick for me ☹️ hopefully a pullet! Im guessing the infertility is due to rooster molting 🤔 I've had a bad go with infertility last season with previous rooster so was hoping for good many hatches this season! I might buy some eggs from someone else to bring in diff genes in case it's genetic issues.

Back
Top Bottom