🎼Do you play a musical instrument?🎶

Noise making machine

• Total voters
Pics
I've been playing the violin for 7 years. I most enjoy quartets, I hate solos, and I'm apart of the Symphony orchestra. (Woodwinds, brass, and percussion alongside the strings). I had my last ever fall concert as a Highschool student last night :).
Did anybody record it to upload it to YouTube?

Oh dear, @Kiki . I don't think Trains will be convinced to upload a YouTube video for us to listen to due to solo hate. 🙁
My college marching performance is on YouTube somewhere...let me see if I can find it...

I'm spinning with the guard off the 40 or 45-yard line on the right side. The quality isn't good enough to for sure tell and I can't remember.

Last edited:
I still wish I had done DCI and Winter Guard "professionally". The Crossmen from San Antonio came up to one of our high school football games specifically to see and recruit me. They were a Division III group at the time, just starting up and I passed for something like The Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Blue Coats, etc. who were Division I or II because I knew I was good enough to be able to do better than a Div III. But then I got too anxious to actually go try out and was stressed about traveling all summer and doing the camps and rehearsals and all the silly stuff you worry about when you're young. So I didn't.

1634748326012.png
1634748522045.png

1634748566568.png

1634748338231.png
1634748442294.png

1634748353558.png

Last edited:
I still wish I had done DCI and Winter Guard "professionally". The Crossmen from San Antonio came up to one of our high school football games specifically to see and recruit me. They were a Division III group at the time, just starting up and I passed for something like The Cavaliers, Phantom Regiment, Blue Coats, etc. who were Division I or II because I knew I was good enough to be able to do better than a Div III. But then I got too anxious to actually go try out and was stressed about traveling all summer and doing the camps and rehearsals and all the silly stuff you worry about when you're young. So I didn't.

View attachment 2872468View attachment 2872473
View attachment 2872476
View attachment 2872469View attachment 2872471
View attachment 2872470
Wow! I don't think I could ever get to DCI.

I like that last silk.

Strings and double reeds are lovely, but that’s orchestra, not band. Lol Alto saxophones are a bit like trumpets. Everyone plays them but like one in fifty players are actually good. Tenor and baritone sax is nice. Flutes are wonderful. Piccolos can be a bit shrill and breathy. Clarinets when well played are wonderful. Trombone and bass trombone are gorgeous in a melody. Baritones and tubas were necessary but not my favorite. And percussionists, well they are percussionists. Lol 😂

My favorite experience musically was playing in a brass choir. We played some amazing stuff. And the horns carried the melody of course in place of woodwinds. We had some really daunting numbers and by the end of the very intense program, the horns specifically had to be augmented by a couple of professionals who came out and joined us. Our lips were just too shot by the end. I don’t even remember what all we played, but after the finale of the Firebird Suite, Feierlicher Einzug der Ritter des Johanniterordens, Nessun Dorma, and Appalachian Spring/Simple Gifts where, and I quote our director said she wanted people so excited they were throwing their babies into the air at the end, we couldn’t do a thing. Especially because two or three of those pieces required fff as the volume on notes above the staff. There were times in rehearsal where our lips would just give out and smear off the mouthpiece. One girl gave herself a bloody lip and the bass trombone player gave himself a hernia. Lol
Honestly, not sure. I only made it to Symphonic before moving to another school.

Never joined string ensemble either. 🤷‍♀️

Was going to join marching band, but moved again. My family moves a lot 😅

We only had one baritone. She had to practice in her garage cause of her dog. 🤣

I would say the best band I played in was a summer band or orchestra I joined. There were no strings. I mentioned strings because I play string instruments outside of school. Just private tutoring.

Back
Top Bottom