🐥 15 week update! 🐥

It doesn’t bother me. My husband just doesn’t like it if they are high pitched. 🤷‍♀️ We had a Bantam Silkie roo for a while that was so loud and piercing! We called him RuPaul and he found a new flock with other Bantam Silkies. (He was our only Bantam and Silkie).
I have silkies, they're really not that bad.

If there were predators outside, they would crow more. Out of a warning for the flock. If there were cars and noises outside, it would make the, more stressed. It does depend on the environment a lot. especially the time.
Mine roar at butterflies, & are used to passing cars, & trucks. They're not stressed by it.

We do have predators, but rarely have actually incidents.

Mine roar at butterflies, & are used to passing cars, & trucks. They're not stressed by it.

We do have predators, but rarely have actually incidents.
Not every chicken is stressed out by the cars, depends on age aswell. Some of mine are perfectly fine with the road, one of our chickens used to go in it, which we obviously prevented now. If their raised by them at birth it makes it better, but thats not what im stating at all. :)

Thats why it does depend on the breed. (Not to sound rude, again, i feel like i sound rude) but silkies are one breed that usually, not always , is very very quiet. Just how some breeds are more docile then others, some are louder.
I really don't hear any difference between my roosters loudness actually. All sound equally loud to me.

If there were predators outside, they would crow more. Out of a warning for the flock. If there were cars and noises outside, it would make the, more stressed. It does depend on the environment a lot. especially the time.
These lovely 5 are joining an existing flock of 6 ladies. The leader is a 2 year old Red Sex Link named Bertha (for good reason…she’s big!) who doesn’t have a problem showing her dominance. We have a couple acres, not too much traffic near by and they free range 90% of daylight hours. They definitely have a cushy life!

These lovely 5 are joining an existing flock of 6 ladies. The leader is a 2 year old Red Sex Link named Bertha (for good reason…she’s big!) who doesn’t have a problem showing her dominance. We have a couple acres, not too much traffic near by and they free range 90% of daylight hours. They definitely have a cushy life!
Oh yes! That sounds luxurious :) We have a huge girl, always forget her breed! Shes a huge gentle giant, for the saddest reason. She gets picked on the most which is so hearbreaking! shes doing much better now though, and gets picked on MUCH less.

Back
Top Bottom