💖 The Offical Easter Egger Lover’s Thread 💖

Easter-eggers have been a part of my flock since my very first chick of my own as a child back in 2005, a mostly white Easter-egger who I named Ducky. Needless to say, I love them. I don't know if I could stand to have a flock without the variety they bring both to the flock, itself, and to my egg basket.

These are all the Easter-eggers I own right now.

Fifi:

Ophelia.jpg

Mona:

Mona.jpg

Ganymede, who is half Silkie, half Easter-egger:

Ganymede.jpg

Endymion:

Endymion.jpg

Wynne:

Wynne.jpg

And Merlin, the oldest bird in my entire flock at 12-and-a-half years old now:

Merlin.jpg

I also just lost my beautiful Cressida to old age a little over a week ago, may she rest in peace. She was 11 years old, same age as her last remaining broodmate, Wynne.

Cressida.jpg

Lets see last time I had EE was EE bantams that where gifted to me from my neighbor in like 1994 or 1995. I was showing broilers in 4-H and she let me pick some out from her little flock so I could have some chickens that lay pretty colored eggs.

Had a rooster and I think 4 or 5 hens. Roo was all black except for hackles, saddles and wing crown that where golden. A few of the hens where all black with golden edging on their hackles. The reset where a red brown color.

I loved that roo so much when he got beat up by the neighbors roo he got to spend two weeks in the bathroom getting nursed back to health. From then on anytime I was in the yard with them and the other roo showed up he ran to me and kinda hid behind my legs.

Easter-eggers have been a part of my flock since my very first chick of my own as a child back in 2005, a mostly white Easter-egger who I named Ducky. Needless to say, I love them. I don't know if I could stand to have a flock without the variety they bring both to the flock, itself, and to my egg basket.

These are all the Easter-eggers I own right now.

Fifi:

View attachment 3223210

Mona:

View attachment 3223202

Ganymede, who is half Silkie, half Easter-egger:

View attachment 3223212

Endymion:

View attachment 3223203

Wynne:

View attachment 3223204

And Merlin, the oldest bird in my entire flock at 12-and-a-half years old now:

View attachment 3223205

I also just lost my beautiful Cressida to old age a little over a week ago, may she rest in peace. She was 11 years old, same age as her last remaining broodmate, Wynne.

View attachment 3223368
I love Fifi's coloring!.

Back
Top Bottom