šŸ”„Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT ITāœ…

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iā€™m trying to get in shape for hiking Zion National Park this summer. I think I mentioned that already. Do yā€™all have any tips for that? Iā€™ve been doing Stairmasters and lots of cardio

I love hiking! Keep going with the workouts and when you go to the park, keep the weather in mind

Not to be a fear monger, but tuna is so high in mercury these days. If you add in a good amount of fresh cilantro or parsley it can help you remove the heavy metals from fish or imported mushrooms (shiitake from China has insanely high mercury!!!). We eat tuna 3x a year as a treat and buy pole caught mercury tested steaks.
Thereā€™s a canned brand, canā€™t remember the name atm, thatā€™s supposedly Mercury tested but itā€™s crazy expensive šŸ˜­ I got it once I think. Also @Kiki arenā€™t the pouches expensive? And way less tuna. Why not buy the bigger cans and add your own lemon and garlic? šŸ˜‚šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

The liver sugar dump is way worse for diabetics, because you get a big high and then a big low. I'm a believer in intermittent fasting and avoiding simple carbs in general. For non diabetic folks the earlier you eat your complex carbs the better. I personally eat a very minimal carb breakfast (eggs and kale scrambled with salsa is my go to), I eat a good sized complex carbohydrate based lunch (usually beans or pulses), and go back to lower carbohydrate dinner (just a simple meat and veggie based meal). I swear I'd be so skinny if I could manage to eat a normal serving size and skip the evening drinks. That's my real issues, I just like to unwind with a drink at the end of the night. I'll get there eventually.

Meant to quote Madam but forgot!

I'm the opposite. I can skip the drinks but not the carbs. I try and do my fiber filled carbs at breakfast and lunch and try to do no carbs at dinner but it's pretty hard for me. I love me some carbs
@MadamContrary

Meant to quote Madam but forgot!

I'm the opposite. I can skip the drinks but not the carbs. I try and do my fiber filled carbs at breakfast and lunch and try to do no carbs at dinner but it's pretty hard for me. I love me some carbs
I used to feel that way, I guess in reality I do love the carbs, just in beer form šŸ˜‚
I had a crazy sweet tooth most of my life until I had my Son. For whatever reason I couldn't stand sweets or garlic and suddenly loved Caesar salads. I've never like cream based anything until I was pregnant with him. Now I make Mayo from scratch. I did try keto, but it was too rich and I got heartburn for the first time in my life. I love beans, I could live off refried beans topped with cheese, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes.

Is this happening to anyone else?
Screenshot_20220109-190357.png

It got all jumbled upšŸ„ŗ

Edit: Nevermind I'm just stupidā˜ŗļø
Screenshots_2022-01-09-19-08-17.png

Iā€™m trying to get in shape for hiking Zion National Park this summer. I think I mentioned that already. Do yā€™all have any tips for that? Iā€™ve been doing Stairmasters and lots of cardio
Do lots of real walking both up and down hills for extended periods of time.

Thereā€™s a canned brand, canā€™t remember the name atm, thatā€™s supposedly Mercury tested but itā€™s crazy expensive šŸ˜­ I got it once I think. Also @Kiki arenā€™t the pouches expensive? And way less tuna. Why not buy the bigger cans and add your own lemon and garlic? šŸ˜‚šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
IMG_20220109_190155.jpg

This is mackerel. I buy it 12 at a time for $25. I don't consider that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom