🔥Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT IT✅

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
9B30A461-D67C-4FFA-BCE0-2436B56AC351.jpeg

I must have the genetic predisposition to not like the items I listed, because I try them every chance I can. I didn't like black olives either but I changed that. I wouldnt touch an onion until I was 25, during my second pregnancy all I craved was onions, and the only way I could bring myself to eat them was on hot dogs. I love them now.

People that have the "I can't stand fresh tomatoes." gene cannot get over the disgust that fresh tomatoes cause. Interestingly enough the people with that gene tend to like processed tomato products.

That would be myself and one of my three children. I gag at the thought of eating tomatoes, and end up sliding them to the side of my plate if I'm eating out. Usually ends up in a stupid conversation by someone saying, "What do you mean, you don't like tomatoes?"

My previous dog, a German Shepherd, destroyed everything I tried including Kong toys. Best chew toys I ever found were made by Goughnuts. He loved them since they are flexible enough to be satisfying but tough enough not be be indestructible.

Acquired tastes can be developed but if you have an anti gene for a particular item, no amount of trying it will change the fact that you are genetically predisposed to dislike and in some cases actually loathe a taste.

People that have the "I can't stand fresh tomatoes." gene cannot get over the disgust that fresh tomatoes cause. Interestingly enough the people with that gene tend to like processed tomato products.
That would explain a lot about why I don’t like tomatoes, no matter how many times I try them. Even fresh ones from the garden make me gag 🙄

That would explain a lot about why I don’t like tomatoes, no matter how many times I try them. Even fresh ones from the garden make me gag 🙄
I forgot tomatoes...I've never been a huge fan, but in the last 10 years or so I started eating them on club sandwiches....then on burgers... now I love fresh cherry tomatoes, and I'll sometimes put some salt and pepper on the last little piece after slicing them. But...I could live without them. Well...actually not, I would have to live without pizza and lasagna...tomato soup..ketchup...

I adore fresh tomatoes! You can taste the sunshine in garden tomatoes, so dang good. And I enjoy cilantro too

If they have the genetic anti taste buds for a certain food they will never be able to learn to like that food.
Cilantro is a good example, I love it. Apparently some people think it tastes like soap. And they just discovered that there's genetic traits that create flavor bias for bitter food as well, those genes have health preservation traits. A lot of people think kale is bitter, I taste zero bitterness 🤷 I also drink my coffee black and love 80% dark chocolate. But, 90% tastes sour to me.
Now green beans I had hated until I tried growing them, turns out they are tasty if you cook them right.
And generally speaking, the more you try a good the better chance you'll develop a taste for it, just wait until you're very hungry. Works on toddlers, so I think it should work on adults too 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom