🔥Extra! Extra! WE ARE ABOUT IT✅

Are you in it to win it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't the article that made me aware of the H2O2 situation but it contains much of the same information.

"In a 2009 study, researchers discovered that going gray is simply a buildup of hydrogen peroxide in your hair particles, which bleaches your hair from the inside.[2] Yep, bottle blondes love hydrogen peroxide for its bleaching effect, but it’s also a chemical that your hair cells make naturally.

Here’s where things get interesting — usually, a hardworking enzyme called catalase breaks down hydrogen peroxide into water and oxygen. But as you get older, catalase production starts to slow down. The result? Hydrogen peroxide starts to accumulate in the body.

“Hydrogen peroxide plays a major role in essentially bleaching out the hair pigment centers,” says Ronald Peralta, cancer survivor and co-founder of hair supplement Nutrafol, in a recent Bulletproof Radio (iTunes) podcast episode. “Gray hair is nothing less than a reflection of a reduction of catalase enzyme, one of the more potent antioxidants.”

Catalase isn’t the only enzyme that breaks down hydrogen peroxide. Glutathione peroxidase, the body’s master antioxidant produced by the liver, turns hydrogen peroxide into water.[3] Because glutathione production lowers as you get older, it’s a good idea to supplement. To get more glutathione:"

https://daveasprey.com/gray-hair-science-natural-solutions/
Apparently it isn't an excess production of hydrogen peroxide but rather a decrease in the things that naturally break down the hydrogen peroxide.
Hmm fascinating!! 🤔

I was trying to do a full half hour because then it would be more crisp but I got a stitch so I stopped at 28 minutes. Walked for 10 and then jogged the rest at varying speeds.
20220123_151820.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom