🖌Community Art Nook🖌

Do we get the gold buzzer Simon Cowell? 🎉
I'm afraid I'll need to see some more work
Simon Cowell Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

I've got my own thread going but I'll share something for you here.

This is Fred. Or at least Fred's eye peering though a rift in space-time.
20x20" Acrylic on canvas.

Fred.jpg

And if you've ever looked up at the night sky and wondered "What might be out there?" Well, maybe this.

Welcome to the Vera Tau Cluster.

Vera_Tau_Cluster.jpg

View attachment 3823786

And if you've ever looked up at the night sky and wondered "What might be out there?" Well, maybe this.

View attachment 3823787
Those look amazing! Those eye catching details make your art a show stopper for sure!

Thank you for sharing!

♡ RAPD 05/07/24 ♡

Time for the art prompt of the day! If you are still working on the one from yesterday then don't worry about starting this one yet! Take as much time as you need!

The RAPD is:
~The Reflection Duelist~
Confronting their mirror image, a cat engages in a staring contest with their look-alike.

This prompt comes from drawingprompt.com for today! If you have any ideas for a RAPD feel free to PM me and you may see your idea as a future RAPD, with you given credit of course!

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

View attachment 3823786

View attachment 3823787
Vera Tau Cluster is beautiful

Jacin/Jem
Mostly a fiber artist (have a thread on here with all my stuff) and aspiring author. I also enjoy painting DnD minis though (for myself, not for games or to sell)
Goals are to be able to publish and have a shop for my fiber art.

Here's a few Batts I've made, I will post my Minis when I get home tonightView attachment 3824130View attachment 3824131View attachment 3824132View attachment 3824133View attachment 3824134View attachment 3824135View attachment 3824136
Welcome Jacin/Jem!

Those are beautiful colors! I am sure that takes a good bit of work! How long would you say it takes you to make a batt?

Also, DnD minis are so cool! DnD is such a fun game! People who paint minis are really talented because of all that small detail!

What kind of books do you write?

I wish you the best of luck in all your goals!!

Welcome Jacin/Jem!

Those are beautiful colors! I am sure that takes a good bit of work! How long would you say it takes you to make a batt?
My carder is electric, so I don't have to hand crank. On the electric, 45-75 minutes seems to be my average depending on how many materials I use and how many times I run the batt through. Hand crank, closer to 2 hours on the low end since I have to rest my shoulder. I try to get 4 Batts done in a batch when I'm working on getting stock ready to sell.
Also, DnD minis are so cool! DnD is such a fun game! People who paint minis are really talented because of all that small detail!
Yeah, I am real bad at scale/measuring, so I have some super tiny ones I've bought by accident when the next size up probably would have been better
What kind of books do you write?
Er.... let's call them romance 😅. Fantasy/historical fantasy, mostly, but I also have a few individual stories from sci-fi and contemporary (I think that's what it's called, I'd have to double check)
I wish you the best of luck in all your goals!!

My carder is electric, so I don't have to hand crank. On the electric, 45-75 minutes seems to be my average depending on how many materials I use and how many times I run the batt through. Hand crank, closer to 2 hours on the low end since I have to rest my shoulder. I try to get 4 Batts done in a batch when I'm working on getting stock ready to sell.

Yeah, I am real bad at scale/measuring, so I have some super tiny ones I've bought by accident when the next size up probably would have been better

Er.... let's call them romance 😅. Fantasy/historical fantasy, mostly, but I also have a few individual stories from sci-fi and contemporary (I think that's what it's called, I'd have to double check)
That sounds cool! Do your batts sell well? They look great!

Oh no! Well, more practice with smaller details!

Sounds awesome!

Back
Top Bottom