🚨Duckling with BUMP AND HATD SPOT!! EMERGENCY!🚨

CaliFarmsAR

Free Ranging
Apr 26, 2019
Arkansas
Hello y’all, I have had this Duckling for almost two weeks and he was a lot smaller then everyone else (an idea is when he was 5 days old he was the size of a newly hatched duckling or smaller). Anyway, he had this bump when I picked him up and it’s gotten a lot bigger!! Any advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
E98B93CE-624E-4D30-8700-CD67CAD961D3.jpeg
C121561E-7A81-4988-8182-36BE11146810.jpeg

Is the duckling behaving normally? Eating and pooping normally? Any other issues except for this bump?

If all else is normal, do nothing because nothing can really be done unless it erupts into an open wound. Then you would treat it as any wound to prevent infection.

Is the duckling behaving normally? Eating and pooping normally? Any other issues except for this bump?

If all else is normal, do nothing because nothing can really be done unless it erupts into an open wound. Then you would treat it as any wound to prevent infection.

Yes, he is acting normal.

Can you add a picture of him standing on his own?

I'm assuming, since you didn't mention other symptoms, that he's not in pain, not lethargic, and that his eating, breathing, pooping, and activity level are all normal.

I'm inclined to think it's tumors. Another possibility is a bacterial infection, although a bacterial infection would probably affect appetite at minimum.

Can you add a picture of him standing on his own?

I'm assuming, since you didn't mention other symptoms, that he's not in pain, not lethargic, and that his eating, breathing, pooping, and activity level are all normal.

I'm inclined to think it's tumors. Another possibility is a bacterial infection, although a bacterial infection would probably affect appetite at minimum.
Yes, I can.

Well he does seem to have the pot bellied look of a duck with a hernia. I'm not sure that explains the hardspot though. Unfortunately, I don't think whatever is going on is something there's a home remedy we can offer. If you have a nearby veterinary school you might call and ask them if someone could have a look. Our local one sometimes uses interesting cases to teach classes and treats them at no cost. I'm not sure how it's done in California, but a vet school should still be a less expensive option than a trip to the vet's.

Back
Top Bottom